Triple_B's Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the retainer replaced and re-filled both shocks with oil, ready for nitrogen
DSC03140.jpg

Painted some stuff. Really wanted to wait till I could afford PC but its not going to happen anytime soon so paint will do for now. Painted the steering stem gloss black, which came out very good. Also painted one peg textured black, came out nice. Not going to clear coat the pegs because I know I will need to constantly touch them up with paint.
DSC03158.jpg

DSC03161.jpg

Please ignore the gash in the front of this peg, its from the wire I tied to it to suspend it in the air while I was painting
DSC03156.jpg

DSC03157.jpg

lookin' good B...1151551

I think it looks Great man , its coming along really good!!! i like pc too, and im sure the guy on the Crapptor that i throw some roost on says to himself (under his breath, of course) "Holy Crap, did you see the powdercoat on that guys Blaster as he flew past and spewed rocks at me??? I:I
i dont think it matters that much, youve done an awesome job, pc or not. keep up the good work!!!

Got my stem mounted, looks sweet. Paint looks great. Also clear coated the peg I painted, and also painted my hubs and started painting the control arms. I sandblasted them all and then gave them a bath in denatured alcohol. Then one coat of primer, 3 coats of silver, and eventually 2 coats clear. I only got to paint the lower control arms, as I ran out of daylight. I need to paint the upper arms and clear coat them all, and they will be ready to mount up. Also, if you see little specs on the a-arms, thats not debris. That would be the spatter from the factory welding.

DSC03166.jpg

DSC03167.jpg

DSC03171.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

Its getting there!

Got the rear end all assembled. Got a longer 12mm bolt and slipped in my new bearings with plenty of grease. Everything went together nicely. I just froze the bearings and ran a torch around the carrier for 10 seconds or so and they slipped in nicely. Also got the front A-arms on and greased up. All I need now to get this thing ripping is brake fluid, attach my chain, and go over everything a couple times and tighten every bolt/nut on it. Might be riding it by the weekend this week.
DSC03178.jpg

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03176.jpg

Ive got boss bearings on my Kawasaki Zx7. Can't say too much about them right now as i only have 50 miles, but so far they have done great at 100+ Mph!

Ive dealt a lot with Motosport.com for some
Of my upgrades they sometimes have better
Deals than others

Alright folks, got a lot done today. Only some little things to do now, bleed brakes, chain, add some cotter pins here and there. I leak tested the motor today and she held 7 psi for an hour straight (what a relief! :eek: ) I have some other stuff to do but I'll just show the pics....

DSC03186.jpg

DSC03189.jpg

DSC03187.jpg

DSC03188.jpg

I know the rims and hubs don't match, shut up about it. I'll get the front hubs to match the rear eventually :) And hopefully get matching rims for the rear

Status
Not open for further replies.