Triple_B's Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_B

Sep 20, 2010
Sewage Drain
Ok so I decided to re-do this thread. I made a lot of different decisions and choices and just decided that it would be better to do a new one. Anyway, plans are:
Engine
Ken O'Connor Redisigned Cylinder Head
V-Force 3 Reeds
F7/Power Pros/Phantom/LRD Exhaust (Whatever I can get the best deal on)
Rejetted Carb
Performance
Banshee Axle
Banshee Front Shocks
+2" Spacers up front
+2 Extended Swingarm
Body/Cosmetics/Paint
Frame will be painted Metallic Cobalt Blue (Rustoleum)
Swingarm and A-Arms will be Metallic Silver (Rustoleum)
YFZ Style Front Fenders
YFZ450 Heel Guards
PowerMadd Handguards

I will update this as I go.

Update: Got some YFZ450 Heel Guards and a set of +2" wheel spacers for the front.
YFZheelguards.jpg

Read good reviews about these spacers so I decided I'd give them a shot
Spacers.jpg

Will be ordering frame and arm/swinger paint any day now. Just waiting for paypal to put some money back in my account

Went to go buy some Rustoleum today at Home Depot by myself because its a 5 minute bike ride from my house. Get there, the lock on my bike lock breaks, so I had to make it look like it was locked. Go inside, all of the paint that I need for my a-arms and swinger is all gone. Asked for some help, guy helped my out and brought me back a new box of the color I needed. Grabbed a few, got my frame paint, 2 cans of clear and 2 cans of primer. Go to self checkout. About to pay, then I get stopped by a worker. Told me I wasn't allowed to purchase spray paint unless your 18 or older. Fugg me.... That whole time I was getting helped by that guy he couldn't tell me that. So I had to go and re rack everything and then ride my bike back home. So now I'm on Home Depots website and I can order how ever much spray paint I want without being asked my age. Its all a bunch of bull sh*t.... Anyway, just got some graduation money put on my debit card. More money= more upgrades. I'm watching a few sets of shocks and some other goodies. Really want to find an exhaust but no good deals out yet. Hoping to strip the frame and start painting within the next 2 weeks. Schools out Monday so I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Update: The head gasket FINALLY CAME IN! Order it 11 days ago.... Geeze.... Just tinkering around with it on the O'Connor redisigned head. Pics:
DSC02217.jpg

DSC02216.jpg

I THINK thats the correct position for the head gasket. Not entirely sure. Any help would be great. I just assumed that was because all of the holes lined up perfectly in that positon and the arrow pointed towards the Yamaha Symbol.
Anyway, I'm going out to the shed any minute now to start strippin her down. Just the simple stuff till my dad gets home. Just the fenders, hood, handlebars, maybe tires, carb, gas tank(obviously emptied before hand) And anything else that doesnt require assistance.

Well I stripped some of her down yesterday. I was busy later that day and busy all day today so didn't get to get her totally naked. Hopefully I will continue tomorrow. Pics of how she is now:
DSC02220.jpg

DSC02222.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02224.jpg

^^^^^^^^^As you can see I left the brake connected to the heel guard and peg because it was easier just to take the peg off with everything connected. But I couldnt get anywhere because the brake lines and brake fluid line are kept from flopping around by a small piece of metal wire thats welded to the swinger. I didnt feel like going through the trouble of draining the lines of fluid with only minimal time so I just left it like that until I get some assistance.

cool but shes pretty rusty for an 03 my 03 isnt nearly as rusty but anyways those yfz heel guards look B A

no im just messin around with ya lol well good luck on that build of yours and good luck on those shocks but banshee shocks arnt that much of an upgrade from blasty ones unless you want stiffer ones. shoot me a pm if ya need help on anthing i basicly know a blaster from the inside out mostly dont ask about wiring cause i have no clue what so ever

here is some websites i reccomen dfor parts. rockymountainatvmc.com denniskirk.com rogueperformance products maier usa ebay blasterforum .com lol!

lookin good bro, but.................
when you do actually get "her" naked, we'll require pics of that too !!!!!!!!
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

I won these off of ebay, but I just noticed something. They are banshee shocks, but look at the eyes on the lower shock. They don't line up with each other. I just noticed it now but they have already been shipped.
bansheeshocks.jpg

I guess we'll see what happens when they get here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Small little update: Just ordered a 14tooth front sprocket. I'm happy I'll be running 14/40 gearing now. Perfect for the type of riding I'll be doing.
Blaster14toothsprocket.jpg

Now I'll be saving up for an exhaust. I'm looking at Toomey's, DMC Aliens, and if not any of those than FMF. I'd really be happy with a Toomey. But we'll see what works out. And as for the teardown, this weekend she'll be naked. Dad had work all week from 4am-3:30pm all week so he's going to help me out.

Lol! I've thought about it many times but I'm just not convinced enough to do it. I don't want to mix gas!!!!!!! But I may get to it after its rebuilt. Its pretty easy and cheap so I probably eventually will do it. Thanks for the advice.

thats no excuse!!! lol come on man it takes like 5 mins to mix up a can then ur good for like 3 tanks, just shake the can before u fill up. id much rather spend that five minutes than trust that piece of junk pump with my motor

Status
Not open for further replies.