Triple_B's Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the rear suspension mounted. Need to trim off some plastic from the airbox so the shock reservoir can fit. It's a tight fit and took a while to get on. Now I realized that I don't have the swingarm dust caps :eek: . Need to take it all apart again :(

2qtacxw.jpg

And I also need to get a longer rear shock bolt. The relocated shock mount has tabs that are thicker than the stock ones, so the bolt doesn't go through enough for me to get the washer and cotter pin on.

Also hopefully will be sending parts to 3mill this week

what swing arm do you have? mine worked perfectly to reuse the washer and cotter pin.

oh i see. well, at least it is as simple as getting a new bolt and nut then.

Stock extended. The person who extended it (Prime) used thicker shock mount tabs than stock.

I used thicker tabs for strength purposes, didn't even think about the pin fitting. A 12mm bolt and nut with washers on either end should work just fine.

I used thicker tabs for strength purposes, didn't even think about the pin fitting. A 12mm bolt and nut with washers on either end should work just fine.

It's all good man! I'd rather go through the trouble of simply getting a longer bolt rather than have to get a swingarm because the shock mounts buckled. I'm more than pleased with the swingarm! Thanks again man

Assembled a little tonight. I really want white plastics, the blue just doesn't go with it all well in my opinion. She starts first kick every single time I go to fire it up. Pretty much waiting to get some parts powdercoated to assemble completely.

Also need to get peg bolts, since mine are rusted to sh*t!
DSC03110.jpg

DSC03111.jpg

DSC03113.jpg

DSC03112.jpg

As you can see in the one picture, I'm using the crankcase vent tube to hole up the peg + heelguard. I need peg bolts!

Status
Not open for further replies.