Triple_B's Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
how come there are no nerfs or heelguards on tht puppy
i gave you some more green cuz it finally let me give some to you again

The threads inside the frame for the peg bolts were rusted to sh*t, I ordered a tap to freshen up the threads but it hasn't arrived yet. once it comes in, I will re-tap the threads and attach the pegs + heel guards. I:I

That things mighty healthy....

The pilot jet does seem a bit rich by the amount of blue smoke she's pouring out sitting there idling and when you first hit the gas but not a terrible amount because the idle and 1/4 throttle sound nice and even and peppy!

I like the wheelie.

Well now that is really only left is to get the jetting dialed in correctly which I'm already doing. It would bog out whenever I tried to accelerate quickly in 2nd/3rd/4th gear (havent gotten it into 5th or 6th yet). So I tried moving the needle up all the way, which helped a sh*t ton. It is still slightly boggy in the beginning of 2nd gear but eventually it just flies into powerband and tears me off the handlebars. Jetting is still a tad bit rich, which personally I'm ok with for now since it is a fresh top end and I'm not fouling plugs. I may just keep it where its at for a while. Theres pretty much no smoke at all so that indicates that the jetting is pretty close to perfect. The blaster is finished for now and I will continue to upgrade addons like nerf bars, tires, rims etc etc. I'm very happy with the performance of it except that the rear tires are so damn huge that its hard to drift in the dirt. I want to eventually get smaller rear tires and upgrade the front tires from the stock sh*tty ones to maybe holeshots or something. For now, she'll stay the way she is. I will continue to add things to the thread whenever I buy parts but for now this may be the last update for a little while

I'd like to thank sicivicdude for the excellent port work. I'm blown away at the power that this thing has. Thanks a lot man!!

Thanks to Ken O'Connor for boring the cylinder and the rechambered cylinder head, very awesome upgrade and very affordable.

Thanks to Blaaster for paying for a new cometic gasket set for me! That helped me alot man! I appreciate that! Thank you very much! I owe ya one!

Thanks to Awk08 for all the parts you've given to me for nothing really. You've been very helpful with this build and you help me solve a lot of problems I had

Thanks to slickerthanyou for the awesome leak tester. Tester worked excellently and saved my motor from possibly blowing up!

And thanks to anyone else who helped me when I needed it! mmajay, scotj77, mjgnslngr, 245stroker, Whitty21.... I couldn't have done it without you guys! This build took 1 year and 2 days to complete but it was well worth it!

Well I wasn't happy with the way the back looking shorter than the front ... Both measured the same length but it looked shorter so I put the spacers on the back.
Before:
DSC03184.jpg

After:
DSC03333.jpg

A little too wide. If I don't end up liking it I will take them off

Well as most of you know, I bent the blaster a couple months ago. Came around a corner a little fast, tried to spin the tires to "whip" around but I ended up slamming a tree on the right side. Bent the frame, and the Diamond J widening kit. So since then, I've been working towards "Rebuild numero dos". New frame, powdercoated Blueberry Metallic by little3mil. That should be coming soon, probably by the end of the month. I'm also in the process of paying for +3+1 a-arms from sicivicdude. And, I bought some blown Works Dual Rate shocks from here not too long ago. They need seals which shouldn't be too hard to do and shouldn't cost too much so those will be swapped out with the Fox podium shocks I rebuilt. After the frame, a-arms, and shocks are all done and paid for, next thing will be a swingarm. Not really liking the swingarm shop swingarms, so I might get a T-Rock from Tarmo and Ken over at KOR.

One more thing I'd like to do is swap out the shift shaft. Finally found out how it was bent.... Little 6 year old cousin likes to hop around on my quad when I'm not around, finally someone told me about it. She likes to jump up and down on the shifter...

Other than that, the engine is running B-E-A-utifully. Still running slightly rich but I'm not worried about that at all.

I'll update the thread with pics as parts come in :D

Started powdercoating tonight. Not bad for my first try. I'm using the tiniest toaster oven in the world but it gets the job done. I still have more parts to coat, I stopped here tonight:
3520pw3.jpg

**** I know about the bearings in the front hubs, I have a set of new bearings and seals sitting here on my desk.

The hubs and throttle cover are done in Blueberry Metallic powder. 3mil is doing my frame in the same color. The frame is 100% paid off, should have that in here this weekend. The rest of the parts are done in Gloss Black powder. Also bought 3mil's billet stator cover off his drag bike. SCD Arms are almost payed off. Things are looking good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.