The one we've all been waitin for

^^ was the point of that so the cases expand (with heat) and the barring shrink (with cold) and that alouds the barring to drop right in?

^^ was the point of that so the cases expand (with heat) and the barring shrink (with cold) and that alouds the barring to drop right in?

yes. if you leave the bearing in the freezer overnight it'll do good work. on the bearings that you have to put onto a shaft you can use a bearing heater, or torch. but a bearing heater will heat up to a specific temp. works alot better than a hammer

the crank bearings are hotrods. and no i didn't replace all the tranny bearings. they are in good shape and it was a bit pricy to buy new ones when not needed. just had a scare. thought that i was going to have clearance issues with my +3 crank but i put the other case half on and used an old jug and piston to move the crank and there weren't any clearance issues with the crank when everything was together. now i have to split the cases again though. pain in the arse but worth the peace of mind in my book

Last edited:
done for the day

etscpf.jpg

got the crank in and mocked up top end to make sure of clearances.

ok35ut.jpg

finally got it the cases together after a long hard fight. I had a chewed up locator pin that i couldnt' get out and it was makin the cases come together crooked. got it figured out after like 5 times trying to get it together

16aqmuf.jpg

my dog bein a tard tryin to get a stick through too small of an opening. helped me not throw my tranny across the garage though. gave me a pretty good laugh

nice man!!!! cant wait to see this all together

and sometimes the vito's crank has clearance issues at the opening there at the top of the cases.

and my lady friend lets me build stuff wherever in the house, its awesome! lol

i do you just had the plesure of being sillybitched
ive been watching this thread hoping for the blasty to be togetehr soon lol

I have some parts comin in soon that will have me ready to start gettin some real work done next week. I didn't want to put my motor in the frame until i can seal it up. and i need the intake boot to do that and i'll have it this week(thanks mmajay for an awesome deal)

dang man! all that bling bling is gonna make me blind!!! lol

i might have to polish my calipers now too

thanks fellas! I am trying to keep myself from doin the fronts but i'm sure i will end up doin them too even though you can't really see em

chrome wont get ya home ;) j/k man that's gonna look sick as hell for sure, great work so far. I'll be watchin!