The Official "What Happens at Busco" Thread

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
For everyone who wasn't able to make it this year, here y'all go. A firsthand look at what went on and all the fun you missed. For those who were there, post your best pics, vids, or just good stories. :D

I don't have any pics yet, but I did witness probably the funniest Blaster engine breakdown I've ever seen after Scottj77, Freek, Noobs, and Batt had already left for the weekend. EvilElvis and I went out for a ride and were ripping it up when his Blasty suddenly bogged out and died. Off came the seat to investigate. Turns out, Elvis just couldn't wait to get back to camp to enjoy another cold one, so he put two bottles of brew in his lidless airbox to enjoy on the trails. Anyhow, he must have hit a jump just a little too hard, because one of the bottles had shattered and fillled the whole carburetor up with Bud Light. Hahahahaha, we got 'er running again but apparently Blaster's don't like beer. :eek:

Reactions: EvilElvis
bwahahahaha. I belive that!!!!! elvis is one drunken mofo. lol.

Who Me????

307385_272382996116632_100000348027983_963844_971497631_n.jpg

Major REP for Braap....this man saved my beer drinking blasty then lends my buddy his 450r so the women could ride his warrior so we were free of women on the back LOL what a great time and a awesome place with genuine people

Batt has a funny tale to tell. We were stopped out on the trail for a quick break (no pun intended) and batt had just cut his bike off.... We got ready to ride again and he went to start the battbike and it just wouldn't hit a lick.... nothing at all. He kicked and kicked and kicked.... freek walked over and started grilling him about the circumstances of it shutting off and batt was adamant that he simply cut it off, it had not cut off by itself.

After a minute or two of kicking (and I'm sure a sore leg) batt finally stopped and went to turn off the ignition out of habit and couldn't. Apparently, he had hit enough mud, water, and sand to fill his kill switch up solid and it wasn't working. He couldn't turn it "on" to get the quad to start. He finally fudged with it long enough to get the quad to start and turned it back off to put his helmet on. When he went to restart, it wouldn't start again! LOL

When we got back to the washstation to get some of the mud and sand out of our pants, I directed the water hose directly into his kill switch and mud and sand bubbled back out of it...

GOOD TIMES!

this is the river that almost took out our tents after the downpour
DSCN3769.jpg

i tried to get the jetting right on the banshee for 3 days and couldnt get it.. maybe something electrical but im gonna swap some stock carbs back to it and see if it helps.
DSCN3786.jpg

the guard dog... she likes to bite tires to and ripped the stator wires off the trail blaster right as i was loading it onto the truck to leave.
DSCN3749.jpg

i wanted some paddle tires but these wouldnt cut it.. the cheap heavy ones arent the same as the skat traks!!
DSCN3820.jpg

i broke the stinger off the drag pipe so i used scott (gofasterblaster)'s welder to tac it back on.. it wasnt pretty but it held the rest of the trip.
DSCN3753.jpg

my daughter wanted to help me do everything and wanted to ride all the time:)
didnt want to get her covered in mud though so i rode her mainly on a honda 4x4. this blaster was a trooper the whole trip!! and features a surfrjag port job!! lol
DSCN3793.jpg

taking a break after a ride through the mud... mmajay just hangin out cuz he didnt want to get his banshee dirty.

DSCN3803.jpg

people gawking at his banshee once the rain let up and he rode it around some

DSCN3809.jpg

I have my own story to tell....

I took my bayou (the "mud-digger" according to conquest) down into the 50/50 hole at busco. For those who've never seen it just look up the 50/50 on youtube... there's plenty of vids of it. I was moving and rocking and rolling and one of my rear tires grabbed a rut and threw me off of it. In the process, I broke the pinky toe on my right foot and *possibly* a bone in the top of my left foot.

Sore, I straightened the bayou up into to the ruts again and kept moving (the ruts are deep enough to not easily allow egress) only to get to about the halfway point and stop once more. This time the quad just slid to a halt and stood straight up. Each time I tried to take off again, the quad just stood straight up. Finally my buddy Scotty yelled "stop! you've got something wrapped around your right side". I couldn't just stop dead cold (the muffler was under about a foot of muddy water so I wasn't going to let it sit there and idle for any length of time) so I put it into reverse carefully and tried to unwrap whatever it was to no avail....

I decided to just go for it and break something if I had to so I steered right and goosed it to try and pop up out of the mudhole and nearly made it all the way before the right side stopped my cold again. My buddy Scotty pulled the bayou out the rest of the way and I was finally able to inspect the trouble. My right front tire had found a full length tow strap laying in the bottom of the hole.... and my right rear tire had found it not long after. It had wrapped itself three times around the right front wheel/suspension, and at least once over the rear axle. It had just jammed the whole works up...

I unwrapped the towstrap and found a busted CV boot but no other serious damage... lucked out on that one and I got a free tow strap out of it!

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.
I have mostly drag related pics in the drag blaster thread but here are some more non-drag related ones.

An elusive mmajay riding pic lol
mmajay.jpg

My camp
P6180001.jpg

P6180002.jpg

The hurricane shee with mud tires
P6180004.jpg

P6180003-1.jpg

E2S camp
P6180007.jpg

P6180008.jpg

P6180009.jpg

My boys TRX542 on his ride of shame
I beat him in drags, I hung with him around the pond, then his 4 stroke locked
Bradsrideofshame.jpg

The sky brightened up for some nice background scenery at the drag strip
P6190027.jpg

P6190028.jpg

This is the 1 million watt light right above my tent everynight.
Man next year I'm campin with Freek!
P6190029.jpg

When i pulled up at 6am and saw where everyone was I knew i would be staying somewhere else. they were all camped in a clay parking lot basically. So i drove back to where freek and batt were and set up while waiting for them to get up. Just a few shots here of some weird stuff at camp and what busco's open areas look like.

For you guys that don't know what kind of frog this is, it's a lepard frog. these are not climbing frogs. they live in an around water and don't climb. But this guy spent the night over my cousins head pipe on the fender. then he had to ride like 50 yards before he abandoned ship

332427s.jpg

2rr9k7s.jpg

Then the last day this praying Mantis showed up

6dwuhj.jpg

Here is mine and my cousins camp site under trees away from the drag strip that ran til around 3am the first night they opened it

wapm2t.jpg

This is one of the cool hills built around busco. this kind of stuff is everywhere. huge hills and ton's of good jumps. more stuff than you can explore in the 4 days i was there

nn329f.jpg

zwmcet.jpg

scot it was great hanging and camping with u and steve away from the madness of "drag row", pretty peaceful where we were lol...oh right up till our great curtious neighbors decieded to drag race right out side the tents till 3 in the morning...or it was the "im king of the world" guy screaming at the top of lungs at about sunrise lol...we shouldve strung up the fishing line when we had the chance lol...

scot i gotta agree with braptor on the "trooper award", u had the roughest weekend out of anyone there, from the clutch prob at the start, to getting towed beack by brap on the last day, and with all that happened u stayed cool calm and collective the whole time, most paitent mofo ive ever met lol

and of course i gotta say that everyone ive met this time was just as cool and down to earth as all my other blasty bros ive met in the past...civic with ur 6'6 ..300+ pro wrestler frame lmao...i had one of the best times with u and the rest of the guys playing in the mud on the wicked trail ride we did..and u didnt think i would ever get my "look at all that chrome" blasty dirty did ya lol..awesome time man lol..also a new guy i met this yr was braptor..now heres a guy that didnt stop riding the whole time we were there lol..and we he wasnt he was either helping someone with there blasty or trying to get someone to ride his 450 poker bahahahaahahh, but a stand up guy for sure..it was cool as hell hanging with ya at the drag track watching the tnt , and ripping up the mx track with ya
and i gotta say thanx to all my brothers for the great time..noobs, paulie "gotta run back to my tent real quick" lol..ian, it was great meetting the family homie, surf, conquest "roost the hell outta me" lol, scot, steve, "e2s"scott, mmajay, badaaaaaaassssss shee man, james and jess, matt, john(rjatv) "good to finally meet ya" lol.."e2s"jared, sweet trike bro,and anyone else i forgot..thanx again brothers, i wouldnt go if none of u did..we need to do this more often lol