Another idle thread + bonus

JacobG

Nov 27, 2020
Hello Gents,
Just signed up but been reading info off here for a while. I picked up 05 blaster which is pretty much completely stock except a fmf silencer. When I got it off the guy it was backfiring and wouldn't run right. So I decided to rebuild it. Went 10 over on the cylinder. Also deleted the oil injection with the block off plate and full tors removal. I even stripped all the tape and removed excess wire to the back and soldered the two wires together towards the front.
With all that out of the way. Rebuilt the carb with new jets and everything. Got the thing to run and the power seems good riding but she won't idle.
Built the leak down tester and found a leak at the reeds so I fixed that and it held 7psi just fine.
Stock jets 230 and 32.5. It will idle with the choke at 1/2 ok, but sometimes enabling the choke it revs up high then goes back to normal. Im working on cleaning it again and I found a tiny jet in the bottom of the bowl. I couldn't find what this is in the manual I got from here. Seems the 05 manual is slightly different than what's on the 05.
The tiny jet is labeled 45. I've also attached pictures of the idle screw I installed. Did I file it down enough? Or does the needle for it need to go in further? Also during this check I measured the floats and they were prolly 25mm so I adjusted it back to 20mm. Im 90 % certain the needle clip is in its stock position but I can check in a bit.

With no airbox mods and an fmf silencer I shouldn't need any jetting correct?

Thanks guys
PXL_20201127_202013587~2.jpg 16065089159971283741129020473193.jpg 16065089281068484292075259750639.jpg 16065089474018914527512782493370.jpg

So I found out the little jet in the bottom of the bowl is the starter jet size 45. Mikuni stopped making that so you have to go with a 40 or a 60. It's been cold as hell here so haven't worked on it much

This is new to me, you're telling us there's another little jet down in the bowl we have missed all these years ?
the schematic does not show this part either

ya6642_10.gif

That's the problem I was having, I couldn't find it in the spec. But where I have it circled is where it was. The tiny jet in my hand is what was in there. It's looks to be the stock carb as almost everything else was stock. Im really curious now lol

Niche motor cycle supply or whatever was the one that confirmed the 45 existed btw. They let me know the half sizes they call them were discontinued so I would only be able to use the 40 or 60 ( as you can see I cracked mine a bit)

Blasda I saw that one. However the starter jet on my carb was in the hole I have circled in red.

Awk I think the jet is ok I recleaned everything. However I think I need to grind down my idle screw thing more. I haven't had time to work on it and it's flipping cold here in Chicago lol