Chop shop - Lasse´s Garage! :-D

lassek

Feb 23, 2009
Sweden, Denmark is my native
Hi all.

I wanted you to know today i started my custom body/fender project.

I started by striping all plastic, hood, rear fendes, tank cover, handlebar plastic and front fenders.. they got a long warm bath.. boy was there much dirt!

I cutted the rear fenders fairly high and removed the brackets that supported them before . . I used a metalcutter to remove the welded brackets on the frame! Then im gonna clean up the old factory welds so they get plain with the frame..

My goal here is to make the frame "clean" from old brackets, welds, un-nessary screw and bolts holes. From all the stuff i removed like oil tank, holder for tank, fender supports etc. etc.

I am doing all this prepwork before i wanna powdercoat my frame and paint the plastics.. I:I

It´s gonna be a Hot Rod Blaster! :-D

Pictures will follow.. along with thread update..

Ill post pictures next time, when the fenders are cut correctly.. and i make and weld some custom brackets..

I have a very good plan by actually orderer a spare part that already exists on the blaster and modify them to become nice rear brackets! .. so ill keep it a secret until i see if it works! :-D

Well the project is moving forward! SLOW but forward.. Last night i made a big steep towards the painting of the plastics. My front left fender var cracked (was like that when i bought it) It was "rivet "together.... So i drilled all the rivets out, and i drilled all the rivets out that hold all the stock signs: (you know: cant ride under 16 and all other crappy signs on the front fender) ....

that left me with a cracked fenders (that still holds together in a tiny bit!!! So i can be repaired) and a LOT of holes in the fender where all the rivets was.

I then sanded the fender for better grip for the glassfibre im gonna use...

First i used strong tape to hold together the open cracked pices so it was in place like it is supposed to.

I then proceeded with glass-fibre... Filled all the holes and most importantly "patched" up the open crack.. I gave it a little extra on the backside as thats not gonna be visible when mounted.

I think all in all it went ok ... It has perfect shape again now and feels very strong, i only need now tonight to sand down the glassfibre so its gets totally even and smooth ready for primer and paint...

When done tonight! I will have a totally re-fixed and superclean fender.. it will be totally plain and smooth, no signs, no holes or whatnot..

Another steep ahead in my total custom rebuild.

And the best part it costed me for the glassfibre kit 10$

Pictures will follow..