Bad rev issue or idle issue please help

that could be a problem and would produce a high idle as you describe
find out why it's hanging open so far..... throttle cable adjusted or routed wrong, or idle screw holding it open too far ?
Also, I got home around maybe 7, and worked in the shop till about 9-10pm trying to figure out why my carb slide wasn’t bottoming out in the carb, I disconnected the throttle cable from the slide, removed the spring and needle, cleaned everything (even though I don’t think it needed it), put it all back together and still didn’t bottom out (don’t know why I thought cleaning it would work), so I messed with my idle screw, all the way in, all the way out, then back to around where it was so I could adjust it later, I came to the conclusion I need to adjust the free play of the throttle cable, I read online the recommended free play is 2-3mm, I currently have no free play and it’s a very tight fit, I’ll make sure to adjust the free play tomorrow morning and check to see if that has anything to do with the carb slide not bottoming out, because my throttle cable is a bit on the very tight fit side of the situation, and maybe it’s too tight to reach the bottom, not really sure though... I’m starting school at a new vocational school on the 27th this month (1 exact week from now) so I really hope I can get this in proper order before then so it’s not eating away at the time I need for studying, so I’ll be working on the quad all day everyday for the week, so any ideas you have LMAO let me know and I’ll do try them all if this carb slide issue isn’t the issue!

that could be a problem and would produce a high idle as you describe
find out why it's hanging open so far..... throttle cable adjusted or routed wrong, or idle screw holding it open too far ?
Also, I got home around maybe 7, and worked in the shop till about 9-10pm trying to figure out why my carb slide wasn’t bottoming out in the carb, I disconnected the throttle cable from the slide, removed the spring and needle, cleaned everything (even though I don’t think it needed it), put it all back together and still didn’t bottom out (don’t know why I thought cleaning it would work), so I messed with my idle screw, all the way in, all the way out, then back to around where it was so I could adjust it later, I came to the conclusion I need to adjust the free play of the throttle cable, I read online the recommended free play is 2-3mm, I currently have no free play and it’s a very tight fit, I’ll make sure to adjust the free play tomorrow morning and check to see if that has anything to do with the carb slide not bottoming out, because my throttle cable is a bit on the very tight fit side of the situation, and maybe it’s too tight to reach the bottom, not really sure though... I’m starting school at a new vocational school on the 27th this month (1 exact week from now) so I really hope I can get this in proper order before then so it’s not eating away at the time I need for studying, so I’ll be working on the quad all day everyday for the week, so any ideas you have LMAO let me know and I’ll do try them all if this carb slide issue isn’t the issue!

Reactions: Awk08
Got my carb slide to bottom out by adjusting the throttle cable, not sure if I did it right because I just started tracing cords and loosening the lock nut at the throttle and loosening and tightening until I saw the slide bottom out, I guess I’ll try it now

She seems to be running great!!! Iv has we running off and on for about 10-15 minutes and so far NO rev issue!! The bike seems to be a good idle after it warms up a bit, the initial start sounds a bit rich, I’ll try a 1/4 turn on the air screw, at a time till it sounds better and strong, my fuel seems to also have an issue now, when I let it idle with the fuel switch on “On” it ends up dying after a few minutes, I don’t think fuel is making its way down, so to start it again I have to switch it to reserve to build fuel in the bowl, from my understanding the “on” setting relys on a vaccume thru the lines to pull full threw, am I correct? If so I maybe have a bad fuel line? I’m not sure, I’m gonna keep trying to diagnose the problem, if anyone has a good idea to try let me know! I’ll keep y’all updated!

Update #2! I don’t think there’s a fuel system issue, had my dad listen to it running and he said it smells rich, so I’ll continue tuning that until it’s a good mixture of air and fuel, (so my guess is, I was probably flooding it) thank you all so much for your help! Would’ve never not this beast running without you guys! If any issues start up, I’ll reply here as well, but so far, mechanically, this beast seems perfect! Here at my dads shop My dad has a spray booth for painting because he works on cabinets and fine furniture, he said his paint rig will work with auto body paints and other stuff too, so we’re going to repaint the body black, I’m going to create another thread in another forum topic for that for help, but thank you guys so much again! Like I said I only had it running maybe 20 minutes over a period of an hour, so once it’s adjusted perfectly I’ll update again letting y’all know if the issue comes back, but so far all your help has proven successful! And I can’t thank you guys enough! I will be donating to the forum by the end of the month for all your help! I will also use my new knowledge of carbs to try and help people with similar issues to mine! Thank you guys so much again!