AWKS full rebuild ????

my ball joints on the snyders are real close also..about 3/8 of an inch. In fact the lowers rub on tight turns. I could fix it by increasing the camber, but the boy likes the stability on straights.

Last edited:
nice man. i don't like the adjustment on my asr's that much either, but i have been too lazy to put on the shorter lower arms i have.

got the nerfs pemantly bolted on today, even though i haven't set the motor in yet, it does look like the kicker is gonna clear just fine, theres at least 5 inches behind where the kicker hits the stop on the peg, and also got the new billetanium stabilzer on and adjusted for proper fitment, i like how the higher sitting "iron cross" protects the stabilizer end better than my old dg bumper
but i'm still not sure about these shocks, hence the missing spacers on the top mounts, i may fit my old dual rates in there to see how it sits, with this combo i went from 9 inches of ground clearence to 14 inches, not sure why ?????? supposed to be long travel ASR's and the yfz triple rates are 16 inches, i would have thought it would sit the same height < thoughts and ideas on this are more than welcome!!!!......

103a745.jpg

21d0fw8.jpg

2j306yo.jpg

Wow bro! I wasn't sure how those monster guards would look but I do like it! The bolted right up?

no, they took some tweaking, the nerfs factory front mount on that kicker side needed beat into submission, it was factory welded on a different angle than the other side, but our cut/fab/weld work was spot on !!!!!
it was still a biotch to get the new longer bolt thru the bottom rear a-arm and the nerf mount all at once on that side < thats why the previous post says "permanantly", if they need to ever come off, it may be with a saw-zall

Looking sweet bro!!!! The color is sweet and the nerfs and a-arms look kick ass.I am still waiting to see pics of a race front in this thread.lol haha

you will never, i mean ever, see AWK run anything but 88-02 plastics on any of my blasters,
then everyone has to ask, "what is that, a 250r ????"
i even welded and refabbed this 06 frame to accept my plastics
if i want a different look, i'll buy a different bike !!!!!!
when i spank the 4 strokes, they already know what did it....
A BLASTER ...... not some bastard child Frankenstein!!!!!!

you will never, i mean ever, see AWK run anything but 88-02 plastics on any of my blasters,

damn stubborn ole man lol.....that bastard frankenstein comment hurt man...it hurt lol

builds lookin great so far bro........other than those damn stock blasty plastics lol

damn stubborn ole man lol.....that bastard frankenstein comment hurt man...it hurt lol

builds lookin great so far bro........other than those damn stock blasty plastics lol

Thats what I tell him.It has wings!!! lol Now we are gonna get him going.haha

shhhhhhhh....thats a disadvantage to him...now he has more drag from them fenders...ill have to wave as i go by him lol

maybe i am gettin old and senile, because i fail to remember you going by me here on awk mountain, where you need all the protection you can get !!!!!!
baaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaa
this is a purpose built bike for "surviving the mountain"
not trying to look like or wishing i had a 250r, as the race hoods are meant to
imitate < there, is that a little less harsh than "bastard child frankenstein" ..

"IMITATION 250R'S"

maybe i am gettin old and senile, because i fail to remember you going by me here on awk mountain, where you need all the protection you can get !!!!!!
baaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaa
this is a purpose built bike for "surviving the mountain"
not trying to look like or wishing i had a 250r, as the race hoods are meant to
imitate < there, is that a little less harsh than "bastard child frankenstein" ..

"IMITATION 250R'S"

but nothings better than blowing by a big 4 poke who says "wow that r was fast"...only to find out it was a little 195cc blaster...........oh wait...u have never done that have ya. bahahahahahahaahahahahaha j/k fool...see ya on the mountain real soon brotha

damn, really wish i was going to be around for busco this yr, unfortunately someone has to stop them damn greedy pirates!!!
the blaster is lookin sick bro, i like what u have done with, def a different breed of bike, def makes me want to step up and get mine done!!

A bastard child Frankenstein!! Wow did that comment hurt!!!! Just please dont say that in front of my blaster...lol

SO.... bring the welder on my next trip then??

i'm sure i can find something to weld, but this will be done, one way or another over the weekend, this baby is gonna be on the mountain by next weekend !!!!!!!