FULL '96 Rebuild

waffle429

Feb 12, 2014
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
So I may sound boastful, but I'd like to say this is one of the nicest blasters around. Here's the deal: I got a '99 engine from friend one, a '96 quad from friend two, and a '91 donor quad from friend three. I completely rebuilt everything. There isn't anything I didn't have apart. I'm had the engine down to the cases, and I had the frame sandblasted, primed with epoxy vapor-lock, and painted with DuPont Imron 5000. All other parts I sandblasted, primed, and painted with Imron. Here's all the mods (nothing crazy, trying to keep it clean) '03-'06 blaster hood and headlight, Tusk front bumper, ITP aluminum rear wheels, Rad Tapered Roller Bearings Carrier, G-force Axle, Gold Series Chain, swingarm grease fittings, '12 450r rear shock, '06 Banshee front shocks, MSR clutch lever, rebuilt clutch basket, Koyo crank bearings, wiseco crank, wiseco 68mm piston, CR500 head studs, FMF fatty with shorty powercore 2, Rick's Motorsports high output coils (75W), and 4 degree timing advance. The only flaw is that the rear fender has some discoloration to it, but it looks a lot worse than it really is in person. Other than that, this blaster is pristine. And don't worry, it won't sit around like some show qaud, it's gonna get ridden. :)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Chain looks a little tight to me in the last picture...

Your quad is clean, but no offense, i wouldnt call it the nicest...

What happened to the expansion chamber there by the engine?

Chain has specified slack as per the manual.
And yeah I burned off the paint, I'll repaint it in due time.
And show me a nicer blaster. I don't mean that in a bad way, really. I wanna see a nicer one so I can make mine better.

Why have the so-called "best" blaster

You have the cleanest, as you clearly showed.

Nice blasters on this forum have a lot of work done to them

this blaster was taken down just as far as you said you did to yours. engine completely done up nicely

wifesblaster.jpg

i would call my own nicer (as everyone does no matter what its like)

Let's be honest here, the quad pictured here doesn't even have the original frame, or engine. It's basically a one-off quad with blaster plastics. Hell yeah it's nice, but it's hardly a blaster.My quad may not have as many mods or out there parts, but it's one of the nicest blasters that still looks like something Yamaha would make.

Let's be honest here, the quad pictured here doesn't even have the original frame, or engine. It's basically a one-off quad with blaster plastics. Hell yeah it's nice, but it's hardly a blaster.My quad may not have as many mods or out there parts, but it's one of the nicest blasters that still looks like something Yamaha would make.
There's actually 2 of them ;)

Not sure what you meant by that line, but dictionary says you are increasing your criticism...

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people look more intelligent until they speak.

Reactions: motoman159
Herpderp, why are you insulting me? I'm simply saying that that I feel the same way about the second quad as I do with the first. Sorry if a dictionary doesn't define connotations of words, but there's no need for such insults. I made this thread because I'm proud of the work I've done, and I think that my quad and those two others are like apples and oranges. A simple 'yeah it's nice but you should check these out' would have sufficed. And I don't appreciate your last comment. Besides, physicists have been able to slow light down to visible speeds for years now, try 38mph :)

Definitely comparing apples to oranges.lol.. everyone has there own opinions and taste on whats nice but definitely not the nicest. As far as the stock look awk has that title as the nicest stockish look imho!! But nice job on your build it makes it much nicer knowing you went through every part.. makes you feel good ripping through the woods also.good job bringing her back to life

You said "show me a nicer blaster"
I was only answering the plea, my apologies...

The main reason i did was because you came on here boasting of having the nicest blaster.

Like said, apples and oranges, everyone sees different aspects.

I apologize for the insult and will refrain from anymore.