$100.00 scrap Blaster turned into Rebuild

if you can clean old pilot jet and be able to look though it,held up to a light,it might be a good idea,if your using the dyno kit pilot:)

alright I think she not put the stock needle in the middle quit I cannot view that link let me for some reason I only have a time with my laptop is broken

put it in the middle yes:) there is a downloadable manual on here if you type in the search box downloadable manual you will find it,whenever you can access it lol :)i might have messed that link up oops..it works when i click it lol

Ok I'll order that first thing tomorrow morning
I went to order it a few days ago and shop told me that I have no clue in what I am talking about ( that's why they sell jet kits) they are a bunch of idiots

I'm going to try to see if I can tell what jet was in it but the needle and main jet is not stock I was told

Only jet "kit" I've ever used was a Vito's for their Fat Bastard pipe. The mains were Mikunis, I never looked at the pilot or needle (my bad), just put them in. Could be stock for all I know, but the needle is a purty blue anodized. Don't matter as it ran fine.
Generally speaking, jet kits are like rebuild kits. Lots of unneeded parts. Only thing that can go bad is float needle, O ring on needle seat, and gasket.

unbelievable I just had to sit there for an hour arguing with the mechanic to get the correct jet they kept telling me to just use the stock won't do any damage

Me thinks they're either clueless or want to sell you a $200 top end rebuild :eek:

Well I finally got to put the 300 jet in and the stock needle and motor came back to life has a lot of power but I never got out of 2nd gear ... I can't do a plug chop yet NO back break and I don't think it is safe to ride like that so as soon as I get my check I'll order the break from AK. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP IN MY REBULID

Last edited:
Hello I am Carlo
Im new to atv's and 2 strokes the last time was in 1990 and it was my x80 . I go this blaster from a friend who was going to just scrap it he knew nothing about it at all so I took a chance and bought it . I don't know what year it is . but I think its a 1999-2002 and the last few digits of vin are wore away from the boot . I didn't find this forum until I was all most done with the build and did not talke any pictures of it when I got it (I wish I had) but it was COMPLETELY spray painted flat black really poorly , no air filter or cage , been setting for 3+ years , all the tires were flat , the exhaust had a fence post for a baffle View attachment 11650 , no clutch cable , no breaks but hard to tell because the shifter was completely seized and it was in 1st gear & motor was locked so you could not even roll it .. So my plan was to tare it down and part it out . So I started to tare it down and pressure wash it with hot water and most of the paint came off the frame and all of it came off the plastic and the plastic look pretty good No cracks at all and very few scratches.View attachment 11647

So I started with the motor tare down when I pulled the clutch cover off and find this
Interesting thing the clutch boss broke and was causing the motor to lock up by 1 of the clutch springs and bolt to hit the clutch coverView attachment 11648
and now the motor spins free and seams to have good compression . Now to the shifer problem . I pulled the shift shaft out and found it is bent and the transmission shifts perfect .Turns out it the cain poped off at some time and broke the crank case where the shifter comes out of the case but someome did a beautiful weld job on it View attachment 11649 no oil leakes on it but it was a little off center was binding the shifter so I got a new shift shaft for 40$ , shaft seal 10$, clutch cover gasket 15$ , and 1 rat tail file 15$ so I could file the right side of the crank case( because the left side has the oil seal )and filed it a little at a time trying the shifter after every few files untill I took the bind out of the shifter. installed the new shifter oil seal , new shift shaft and now it works perfect . I flushed the motor out 4 times to make sure there was no shavings in it from me . I got a new oem clutch boss for 30$ , a Tusk clutch kit 40$ cleaned the carb and the tank and gave her 4 kicks and it came to life iding good and reving good . So i got a new clutch cable 20$ , full Pro Circuit Platinum pipe 120$ , nerf bars 50$ , + 4° timing adavnce 20$ , fly hand grips blue 10$ , Dyno jet stage 2 using a 360 jet 55$ .. I am still waiting for my K&N air filter to get here .. Here are some picturesView attachment 11652
I know it was not smart to do but I ran it yesterday with no air filter on road only for the first time it has pretty good power it weelies easy but past 1/2 throttle it loses all power let off it and hit the throttle and it wheelies until 1/2 throttle and all power goes away !!!!!
Can anyone tell me Why is this going on . Did i do something wrong ???
So I have a grand total of $580.00 in this atv should I stop here and sell it or keep put a little more money in it

If I were you I would fix any problems it has and take it to the car wash to make her shine up nice, Then if you no longer want to keep it, sell it. :D

OK well i sold the blaster and my CBR 900 and i got a REALLY nice LTZ 400 female ridden and owned all stock and all the paperwork that it was sold not one missing part except for the airbox lid. The only thing I am noticing is that the fan did not turn on and my ride around the neighborhood yesterday for the test run does anybody know the temperature that a ltz400 radiator fan turns on at

from another site.......

get it very clean (pressure wash) let it dry out in the sun and get the shop manual and your multimeter out to do power checks to the fan motor and relay as you probubly have a short, blown fan fuse, or burned out fan motor. There is no guess work here you have to do the elec diagnostic checks and whether or not the fan is working and why is probubly one of the easiest.

Here is my new atv
20140930_182237.jpg
20140930_225131.jpg

Reactions: speedyslyder