$100.00 scrap Blaster turned into Rebuild

screw it in hand tight make sure rubber o ring is on threads on comp tester..hold throttle wide open kick it till it stops rising in compression maybe 3-5 kicks...you may need to take gas tank off to get it on properly :)

Ok i will do that thank you for your time

Does anyone have a good cable rear break or a hydro conversion they are willing to sell ??
thank you
Carlo

QUOTE="harley1-5, post: 747332, member: 19522"]they do on ebay or ken occonor racing has them[/QUOTE]
Ok great thanks

Ok so I finally got the K & N air filter and put it on the blaster ... compression test was 121 lbs after 10 kicks wot .. still waiting on my V FORCE 4 reeds before I do leak down test .. but I started the bike and still same problem .. it will rev fine sitting still ... Any ideas ?
I know I have to do a leak down test but there is no sense in doing intake twice .

It could be a good idea to wait until the reeds arrive, then leak test.

Who knows what damage could be happening if you keep starting it with a possible air leak.

I installed the new reed valves today and tried to do a leak down test I can't seem to hold any pressure past 5 minutes the gauges at 0 in 5 minutes when I took the tester off a bunch of air came out so it still has air pressure but was not registering on the gauge .. so i sprayed the whole motor with soap and water looking for air leak cannot find it anywhere looked for 4 hours. ...
it runs fine and idols until you get to the max rpm driving it than it starts sputtering and
No power almost like to rev limiter is kicking in
I don't know what to do now

Last edited:
QUOTE="harley1-5, post: 748224, member: 19522"]x 2 on leaky tester.Is it running well lower in the rpm range?[/QUOTE]
yes it does
Perfect

if its only doing it on top end of rpm range I would make sure no airleaks and to mean sounds like a main jet issue to me post all mods and current main jet size som 1 will give you a jetting range

sputtering at wot..i would say carb related issue...either the air fuel ratio...floats..main jet..or the reeds are flapping but if you just installed new ones then probably not :) all just guessing cuz im not there...i still love that fuel filter lol maybe that baaah boy cant handle that advaced timing..if you dont got this splash guard on carb..get it

splash guard.jpg

Last edited:
sputtering at wot..i would say carb related issue...either the air fuel ratio...floats..main jet..or the reeds are flapping but if you just installed new ones then probably not :) all just guessing cuz im not there...i still love that fuel filter lol that baaah boy cant handle that advaced timing..if you dont got this splash guard on carb..get it

View attachment 11758

LOL I tookout the fuel filter because I was afraid it was not allowing enough fuel flow but I have not checked the internal fuel filter the splash guard is there and I am 100 percent sure that the floats are at the correct setting they were at 25 mm and I set them to 21.50 I think and it is to the gasket to top hump on float