1st Blaster, full rebuild

Its been a while, I know. I work too damn much...6 more weeks of evening classes and at last that'l be some relief.
Here are the latest pics I took this morning before the maiden voyage. The first ride went without any major hiccup's. Had a gas leak from a loose float bowl drain plug, so that was an easy fix.
The brakes kinda sucked till they got wore in a bit, now it'll lock em' up front or rear at will, I suspect the will improve a little more in time. I have put everything together for a rear hydro conversion from an 04' Katana, so I'll be fabbin that up and will start aquiring what I need for the front hydro/disc converson.
The bike runs really well, and I was very impressed and it's nimble-ness and power. Funny, but the thing really runs great when it is on the pipe(like it wants to get there and stay there), and was a bit suprized and how little into the power band I had to be to get into the pipe as well, which might be attributed to the gearing.
Everything went well, and I am completely satisfied.
I got this thing for a song & dance, and only had to buy a few odds & ends, besides the frame. I am probly only into it for around $700 and my time. My nephew cant have anymore fun for that kinda $, ya know!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 374
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    665.1 KB · Views: 381
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 383
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 394
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 361
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    761.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    764.1 KB · Views: 397
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 472
Reactions: 79 bronco
That is a nice blaster in te add. I think up close, the color of the frame has a hint of mettalic, which I kinda wish mine did... I don't think mine is worth that kinda dough, and think he is out to lunch expecting around 1700...jmo.

nice build man !

i started at pic 10 and worked back, in that last pic the frame looks so bright i thought it was photoshopped :)

10-jpg.9536

Its an old sony cybershot. Its only 3.3 megapixal. I don't have to shrink them down as far as with my newer/better quality cameras' pics. Thats why they are so nice. Its a big heavy old thing I use cuz' it takes decent pics. I keep the camera in the garage in a cupboard for projects. I will agree for its age, it takes awsome pics(and always has). Money well spent when it was new($300 in 2002).
Thanks for all the comments, guys!