AWKS full rebuild ????

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
rebuild ??????
i kinda like to refer to this as upgrades, since i'll be usin all my 01 plastics and my fresh (late last year) KEN OCONNOR motor is still rippin good...............

started with an 06 frame that some numbskull drilled holes for a skidplate, right where they bend.........
2nl60dd.jpg

repaired/gusseted and modded the frame to accept all my 01 stuff.........

f9fvxk.jpg

cut out 5 inches and rewelded the aluminum pro armor nerfs, originally from an ltz 400, i later added welded on upper rear
mounts.......
906iix.jpg

unsprung and painted the works ultracross sping red, and polished it up a bit......
fxaxyo.jpg

2a8hull.jpg

polished shock & rappy calipers, along with all
the other painted parts...
wqtqtk.jpg

the works yfz long tavels & asr tie rods < which have stainless ends, so i polished them and painted the middles......
j9reds.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: toytech
my buddy randy, who owns "Hansons Auto" layin
down the "electric currant" deep red urethane
paint on the frame......
1zg8e0z.jpg

PC'd lower ASR a-arms (were painted 442 blue)
and the pegs i fabbed for the
nerfs.......
15n3r6d.jpg

T-ROCK +2 SWINGER, PC'd by tater,....
2ngevcz.jpg

the ASR'S, before trading 442 for lower long
travels.........
23ijz9k.jpg

g-force axle...
2vmfst5.jpg

the new seat.......
2n6ua2o.jpg

streamline 7 way rebuildable stabilizer
2hmzldt.jpg

added a yfz front master cylinder/lever with billet moose cap and new dual braided stainless lines for the front brakes, and will be adding a
matching line to my gsxr rear brakes, possibly polishing the gsxr caliper too ???

also odered "KEN OCONNOR RACING" tank grafix with checkered flag backround to match the seat from kens grafix dude.. ty@tekmx.com

Last edited:
Damn boy!!!Nice list of parts going on there.Can't wait to see this thing finished up.Going to look sweet!!

missed these ones,

fittin the nerfs...........
ekpc3m.jpg

frame finished paint.............
4kb32v.jpg

Wow..that there is alot of good stuff !!
will the kicker work with those nerf? Just wonderin

Thats the one thing I hate about mine.You lose half of the kicker throw.But on the good side when you can't start it you know it's time for a rebuild.lol

Wow..that there is alot of good stuff !!
will the kicker work with those nerf? Just wonderin

good point gibby
it should, didnt look at that, duh !!!! but they sit back behind the fender, and will need cut a little more to clear my brake rezzie and line, so a little more out for the kicker won't hurt, at least i'll get my confidence back that my feet won't be goin anywhere near that "foot mangling" back axle, once was enuf for me, my next chopper ride will be for pleasure i hope

Thats the one thing I hate about mine.You lose half of the kicker throw.But on the good side when you can't start it you know it's time for a rebuild.lol

looking at your pic dually, mine sit prolly another 2 inches back, we shall see, they almost touched the tire with a stock swinger and 20's, hence the T-ROCK +2

Looking good awk, and i don't believe some numbskull actually drilled holes in the frame for a skidplate, but the fix looks good... Good work on the welding slicker, have some rep...

Damn I'm blind! I see BOTM in your future! Happy to be at your service I'd do anything for Mom's chili! MMMM I think I still have gas however-FAAART!

Looking good bro! I know your ichin to get up on that mountain, cause I am!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I loved that chili we had at awk"s!!!! FART

time ???? after sitting around for 2 months off work during the winter collectin parts, i'm now tryin to fit all this work in, after a full days regular job, plus keepin up with my brake orders, i may be too tired to ride it after it gets finished, hahahaaaaa