whittys build

Re: Guess i will start a thread

i would suggest putting all the things you dont need out right now into boxes so you can have more space to work. like maybe put your plastic into one box and other small parts into another box. also this way you wont lose something maybe.

i plan on it, just one freaking a-arm needs to be less happy with the spindle and i am pretty well dissasembled then i can get organized and start cleaning/painting

do you not read all the threads?
get a hammer, use hammer on spindle around the ball joint, it will come out.

do not hit the ball joint. you hit the spindle.
you see the green line, that is where you hit on the spindle. i repeat the spindle
spindle3.jpg

Aight whitty, makin progress! It's gonna be so shiney ya better hit the first puddle you see!!

those heelgaurds look awesome bro also you can try to make a pickle fork for the balljoints. ill show a picture later of the one i built, it works wonders

thanks james, pics would be great. I now have basically EVERYTHING i want apart apart except that fracking spindle. I looked at the swingarm bearings and they are SHOT!, they are brown and crumbly lol, i dont know why they went bad that bad that fast. but anyways my dad know people from work that get custom bearings and he says they will be cheaper and prolly better than the yamaha bearings, i will investigate that further.

there is really no more need for pics till painting and re-assembly starts, hopefully starting that soon.

Unfortunately i dont have access to a sand blaster, and i dont wanna hand sand the whole thing, you guys have any ideas, or paint removing products that work? i am gunna look around at some hardware stores and such.

The newest update is that i will be getting my dads buddy who runs a local welding shop to extend my swinger, and i am gunna start figuring out what kind of travel i can get moving the shock mount. I think this will be a lot stronger than swingarm shop garbage and cheaper too.

Unfortunately i dont have access to a sand blaster, and i dont wanna hand sand the whole thing, you guys have any ideas, or paint removing products that work? i am gunna look around at some hardware stores and such.

you can use air-craft remover but that stuff stinks and gets pricey if your doing alot, you paint it on (or spray) wait a few minutes and pressure wash it right off. works dam good but sucks doing it and it will burn your skin so use gloves

well i am getting down there in the section so i figured i would do an update, prolly spent around 3hours stripping paint, wish i had a friggin sand blaster. anyways, have almost 2 coats of primer on, should get a couple coats of black on today. The motor should be her next week likely if all goes well, might have a chance of getting this thing for a bit of a ride before snow, i will prolly leave the swinger and such till i cant drive it, i do need lower a-arms though, so if u can help me out let me know

well i got the first coat of black on, glad this thing is starting to have progress, should be black waiting for a clear coat by tonight, then it will likely be two weeks before i get to work on it again

sorry blasty bros, didnt get time to shoot pics, i got rushed out the door lol. neways, it is ready for clear coat, then re-assembly can begin

well it has been i while since i threw u guys a pic here is the finished frame, i am not fully happy with it, its ok for rattle can, i definately dont have skills like dakotademon, lol. I will likely get it PC'd next winter, so as long as it lasts the year i am happy.

here is the pic though,

245zg5j.jpg

As for up coming, i have the steering stem and footpegs primed ready for paint

i have decided i will be going with metalic blue lower a-arms (in the mail from sheeblast cause mine were f'ed), and white upper arms, white hubs, blue footpegs, white steering stem, blue swinger and white carrier, thoughts? i have seen the blue/white arms before and really liked it, not sure who had them though

well i just got of the phone with mike (1bad442) and says the reeds clutch cover and carb will ship tomorrow, and the motor likely tuesday, got to send him a ridiculous amount of money tonight lol, hopefully that will both be here for next weekend when i am back from school again.

STAY TUNED!!! lol