whittys build

Re: Guess i will start a thread

I thought you were up and runnin after you got the head painted and stuff whitty? what just couldn't stop there? I know the feelin. I've been doin the while i'm at it runaround for the last 10 months. I need to finish this thing and ride, I'm losin my mind not ridin at all.

i am also thinking of making a diamond plate airbox, but i cant weld aluminun, so i was going to bolt it up and silicone the seems. not sure how i would do the piping inot the box though, suggestions?

with the box you can bend most of it to keep the seams to a minimum. if you decide to buy one the f7 is pretty much going to cost you the same as the cfm by the time you get a filter and outerwears. I was going to get the cfm then relized it was 120 plus shipping then 35 for the filter and what ever the outerwears cost to replace the lid. just easier to get the f7 that comes with everything.

with the box you can bend most of it to keep the seams to a minimum. if you decide to buy one the f7 is pretty much going to cost you the same as the cfm by the time you get a filter and outerwears. I was going to get the cfm then relized it was 120 plus shipping then 35 for the filter and what ever the outerwears cost to replace the lid. just easier to get the f7 that comes with everything.

usually you can offer like 90 for the CFM on ebay and come away with it

well i got some work done today, here are some pics. One question. how do you remove the oil line from the pump to the carb, just pull the gold tabs and yank it off?

anyways before:

2heajkk.jpg

Progress:

160262q.jpg

icpjx0.jpg

yeah, just pinch the ears on that little clip, and then twist the tube and pull it off

it isn't that kinda clamp, kinda like a gold cylinderish clamp, never seen em before, i will just pull harder nest time :p i wont be able to work on it till the weekend, back at school :(

MAJOR UPDATE
This build just got real folks

purchase of a flotek ported vitos +3 crank redesigned head, fully refreshed engine in the works!!!!!!!!

Last edited: