whittys build

Whitty21

Apr 15, 2010
Small town, ON, Canada
Well looks like i will be doing somewhat of a build, top and bottom refresh.

Heres the hopes
-New seals bearings in bottom end
-new wiseco piston
-hopefully ken oconnor porting
-painted frame/a-arms/swinger
-shiny parts
-oil block off
-twist throttle
-pb taurus V1 blue and white hood

Wont be working on it for two weeks when i got reading week, let me know if u got ideas for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Guess i will start a thread

well i have to change the crank seals and crank bearing so may aswell get it done while she is cracked, and i think the hood will be an xmas present :p oh and i forgot one thing
F7 EXHAUST!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know what anodized means? it is usually only used on aluminum pieces.
you dont do it on steel or iron, it will just cause rust.

anodize/d/ing is a type of treatment you do to metal to increase the oxided layer. this is to paint will stick better. normally this is for aluminum parts, and you dont do it to iron based metals like steel.

I would rethink the twist throttle idea.....they're great on bikes, and IMO they should stay on bikes....

does anyone know what anodized means? it is usually only used on aluminum pieces.
you dont do it on steel or iron, it will just cause rust.

he's talking about the "anodized look" paint that people use

its really more like a candy if you want to use proper terminology.

i'd say it'll hold up like any other rattle can stuff, mine's chipped up and stuff, but that's moreso because the PO didn't do very well painting...

he's talking about the "anodized look" paint that people use

its really more like a candy if you want to use proper terminology.

i'd say it'll hold up like any other rattle can stuff, mine's chipped up and stuff, but that's moreso because the PO didn't do very well painting...

yep, thats what i am ttalking about. i think it would be too much to do the frame...

i might do my whole frame with it. haven't decided yet, the thing is getting stripped and redone this winter