Quality rebuild to gain a blaster

Kieran

Aug 8, 2010
Kilkenny, Ireland
www.facebook.com
Decided its time to start a rebuild thread on my 4 wheeler. Im still at a loss of what its a copy of, its has parts from a blaster but i really dont know. its a better quality china bike haha dont laugh...its hurts haha

So i bought it for 30euro, its missing chain sprocket, got a sheared axle missing hubs and all in all bet down...

PICT0005-1.jpg
[/IMG]

it has all the plastics.

stripped it down next

quad4.jpg
[/IMG]

The engine is a four poker and is mint

PICT0009.jpg
[/IMG]

Rebuilt the carb, its a copy of a mikuni i beleive

PICT0011.jpg
[/IMG]

no pics left:

got new bearings for the front hubs, replaced the worst bearings ever seen.
And the fairings are been resprayed, by the all quality rattle can ltd company, they do good work.

I will keep the updates coming, planning to sell it to buy a blaster or banshee.

Kieran

yeah strap that motor on a gocart and find yourself a blaster or something that doesn't say MADE IN CHINA on it. no disrespect. just saying you will have a hell of a time trying to find parts and make parts to fit on that thing.

Don't mean to be discouraging, but what can it possibly be worth when you're done? Save your money until you have enough to buy a blaster project and build from there. Unless you're gonna fabricate everything yourself and don't mind spending your time, can it possibly be worth it?

sounds like a plan to me, something to mess around on till a blaster comes your way I:I whats a blaster cost in italy anyhow?

whats a blaster cost in italy anyhow?

well i have no idea :-/ not exactly from there....

thanks for the comments, and yes i plan to spend time on it and fab all parts my self, i couldnt care less on weather its sh*te from china, cause im happy with it for a rebuild to buy a blaster. Dont have a job because im too young so im doing it this way..

well i have no idea :-/ not exactly from there....

thanks for the comments, and yes i plan to spend time on it and fab all parts my self, i couldnt care less on weather its sh*te from china, cause im happy with it for a rebuild to buy a blaster. Dont have a job because im too young so im doing it this way..

Good luck kid, I give you BIG credit I:I for the determination. You might be able to find some adaptable parts in a scrap yard or on other machinery. I have some parts for the blaster I might be able to help you out with. You'll just have to cover the cost of shipping when you're ready.

the axle was sheered???? wow that is a little scary.
well good luck. maybe try mounting an axle from a blaster or something to it.

few more pics some are old some are from today.

A arms, replaced seals, because old seal were good for sh*t and seized up at the joints, removed rust, greased them up and gave them a coat of paint, also reused the boots that could be used and packed them with grease.

CIMG5448.jpg

CIMG5416.jpg

Resprayed the fairings in royal blue and repaired any holes and deep scratches.

CIMG5481.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

Removed the swing arm, chinas rust proofing didnt hold up, so i grinded (sanding pad) down the rust and pitting, rewelded were the joint to the shock exists and sprayed it in galve spray. To be sprayed blue.

CIMG5495-1.jpg

CIMG5497.jpg

CIMG5498.jpg

CIMG5500.jpg

Bought new arm boots from Australia (ebay) only place that i could find them, i can link anyone the link if they want (or if its allowed)

If it was a genuine yamaha i would have bought the whole tie rod and ball joint assembly.

Hope ye enjoy, and compare the quality haha

good job and i definitely give u props for determination..i wouldnt spend a dime on one of them lol just my opinion. you'll never get what you put into it or what you paid ESPECIALLY on a chinese bike lol

I'm a bit bias on this one. I see where he is coming from with getting it cheap. and just wanting something to ride, but I also see the other peoples point of making sure you will be able to find ALL the parts needed before buying anything. If you get everything done and then cant find an axle your going to be mad as hell! my two cents!

If I where you, I would use my welding skills to build a shifter cart frame, and slap that engine on the back of it and go rip up the neighborhood! Then i would feel like i accomplished something...lol

If you get done with the quad and its not as good as you thought, you could always use this plan as a back-up.

yep i was originally planning to put on a kart but decided to go with a rebuild instead, Im going to go to a few quad brakers and find the closest axle, be it from a honda or yamaha ect and mod the swing arm to take that axle if its not a fit...

Thanks for the comments, more photos to come soon

The plastics look cool... lol i remember my first chinese bike... it was a little dirtbike 70cc i think... but the handle broke so im selling trying to sell it for $200 lol it was a piece of sh*t anyway

hey man. have you thought about cutting that swinger and mating it with the other half of a blaster swinger. then you would have easy access to parts for the axle. just a thought but I see whole blaster swingers with shock, hubs,axle, rotor, and everything for around a hundred bucks.