Quality rebuild to gain a blaster

so are you just going to convert the carrier to mount to the exsisting swing arm? don't forget it needs to be adjustable for the chain tensioner. just a reminder.

yea or if i can pick up a swing arm from a blaster, i will go with that.

Im still thinking of other ideas if i cant get my hands on one, but i will keep you posted on what i come up with, i have never had an unfinished project/rebuild and i dont plan to start now.

Heads-up! Look carefully at the Blaster swing arm and then look at your pivot point. Then look again. If you need measurements, I'll post some for you. They may not be compatible at all. If you need some Ideas of what to look for to make the carrier fit the Chinese swing arm, check out my project. I'm going through the same thing trying to put a Banshee Carrier on a Blaster swinger. It turned out that even though the Banshee is bigger, it's carrier is narrower than the Blaster (a good thing), If it had been the other way around this would have been MUCH more difficult:

http://www.blasterforum.com/full-rebuilds-128/if-you-give-mouse-cookie-29774/index4.html#post361386

Last edited:
cool thanks muggzy, i have been following your build, its nice tidy work.

I got the boots for the a arms during the week, these are thicker and have a spring instead of a clip to hold them on, much better idea in my opinion. Got the from cv joints ( i think)austrailia.

Axle got shipped out today, hope customs dont charge me a big sum on the import tax.

cool thanks muggzy, i have been following your build, its nice tidy work.

Axle got shipped out today, hope customs dont charge me a big sum on the import tax.

Thanks Kieran, good luck with customs! I'm going to be getting real busy soon so the build is gonna get pretty slow.

Thanks, never left it really, just school and waiting for the axle.

But checked it out tonight, no wear to splines, no serious rust. Only problem is removing the carrier, one of the bearings destroyed its self so the inner race is present but thats all.

Got pics comming

CIMG5684.jpg

that isn't a chinese motor it is japanese. it is a Zongshen 250cc, one of my friends had one and they are good motors they run like a top to be air cooled and they don't have valves or a timing chain but they are a 4 stroke (very weird).

so how is it going to mate up with that china swinger?

just bought a crate of super glue I:I

Im thinking of a few ideas.

: Take off the origional carrier holder, add supports of 6mm steel and secure 99 carrier in place ( sounds noobish, its just hard to explain.)

: Getting a 99 swingarm and cutting the china one at the joint to frame, and using the joints from china one

Have other ideas but not alot of thought gone into them yet.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Caseywoods: yea i heard that its jap, no timing chain, push rods instead, so its not OHC. But it has valves

alright i wasn't positive on the valves but i am positive on not having timing chain and that it is japanese. they are good motors pretty fast too they go like a raped ape. for it to be an air cooled and weird designed engine i've seen them outrun plenty of name brand bikes and atvs.