Quality rebuild to gain a blaster

More pics, fewer words.

CIMG5732.jpg

CIMG5734.jpg

So heres what im at at the moment, bracket made up for RHS (disc) out of 6mm steel, the carrier will be bolted to it, hopefully getting the LHS done up during the week. Its tacked in place at the moment, too allow for adjustment. Im welding with 6013 and im aware of the quality that is needed for the welds here. Since the swinger is angled i had to add a piece (previous post) to level it out and easier welding. It is also extended from the origional. Mentioning the tension in an earlier post (scott) i will be using a blaster tensioner since the origional tension idea is gone. Im sticking with the 40 tooth sprocket but may change the driving one, not too sure what it is at the moment.

CIMG5741.jpg

99 YFS200 axle

CIMG5747.jpg

Taking a brake from the swinger for a little while. Re welding the frame now, since china man done such a terrible job.

Some of the welds

CIMG5798.jpg

CIMG5799.jpg

EDIT:

All welding done on frame, made a new battery holder in under an hour.

CIMG5802.jpg

CIMG5800.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a little confused on the swing arm. are you just going to bolt the carrier to the old swinger? think that will hold? I know it is bolted up on the blaster swinger but it is done in a much stronger way. I was thinkin you would just mate the two swing arms up to each other somehow.

ok i was just curious. thought that was what you were probably doing. just didn't want you to kill yourself tryin to ride it like that lol.

You seem to be the only one following this build.

Hey Kieran, I'm still watchin. Things get busy when school starts up again, you probably noticed how slow the forum got and very abruptly too. I finally got to spend a few hours on my build this afternoon and most of it was wasted time. After welding the supports for the hydraulic rezzi, I realized that the exhaust needed to go through that spot so I had to cut it all off X( . I'll move it lower tomorrow and hopefully post some pics. By the way, nice welds I:I I wish I could get mine that clean all the time.

thanks muggzy, i can totally relate to what your saying, with making up something and discovering that it wont work out right...one of the worst things that can happen. It has happened plenty of times on this build, im only really pulling random straws when it comes to some parts. As luck would have it my output shaft on the engine was the same size as a blaster which means i can use a blaster sprocket there. If that had turned out to be a different size, this would have taken a serious blow and i would be caught out for the first time. But as luck has it, its the same size. My only big problem now is the wheels, they have a bolt pattern of 4/110 and banshee hubs are 4/115, with blasters been 4/100. If only it was easy. :)

Annoyed now, got the sprocket for the engine, it should fit but it doesn't. Stuck now, no sprocket. Dont know what to do since im using a blaster rear sprocket and the blaster engine sprocket dosnt fit the shaft. I feel like just giving up but dont want to.

how much different is it. was the inner tooth layout different on the blaster sprocket compared to the shaft on the new motor? why don't you measure the rear sprocket from the blaster axle and the china quad axle and if it isn't a huge difference, i wouldn't worry about it. even if it is a big difference I would still try it and see how it runs.

it was the inner part, just out by .mm, so i filed it down a little and bingo it fits so im back on track. The actual sprocket pitch had to be different since i changed to blaster rear so it had to match, but the original was a different size.

Got some more pics coming tonight. And selling my mini moto for 110 and a load of comics for 15, more money for this project and a laptop, happy now. :D