Noobs big bore rebuild

super noober

Can't Stop, Won't Stop!
Feb 17, 2009
upstate ny
oh yeah thats right you read correctly, with a AWESOME hookup from sicivic i bought a airsal 240 kit just in time for busco. bought and paid for last night it will be on its way to me today then its off to FLOTEK for some additional tweeking I:I I:II:I. here are the pics that sicivic took when he went and looked at it for me after finding it on his local craigslist.

Image07272011160024.jpg

Image07272011160007.jpg

Image07272011155949.jpg
[/QUOTE]

take a look at the HUGE transfers and triple exhaust ports, this thing is going to haul some ass!!! cant wait!! thanks again sicivic, u da man !! I:I I:II:I

Reactions: StrokedTater244
im also thinking a color change is in order, im thinking a black frame with a red maier race hood, but a black on black theme might be sweet also.. hmmmmm.. lol thoughts?? :-/

thats awesome noobs, i always liked the looks of them arisals.
you'd better look into beefing up that wheelie bar

forecast.............noobs spankings 2 for 1 sale coming soon !!!!!

im also thinking a color change is in order, im thinking a black frame with a red maier race hood, but a black on black theme might be sweet also.. hmmmmm.. lol thoughts?? :-/

black/ black
black/ red

all good colors for a bdsm dungeon master

^^^^^^^ hahahhaaha thanks alot man!! im really torn on the colors but i think it will look sweet either way and still keep my atlanta falcons theme going lol :D :D

No problem dude. I'm glad someone on here had cash at the right time.

The guy said he only ran it about 2 hours and something was messed up in his carburetor (that apparently he never found) so he pulled it back apart. You can still see nearly all the factory crosshatching in that second pic. The piston has a few little patches of scuff mark but otherwise it's super clean.

A few interesting notes about airsal kits just for the general information.

It's a complete total recast, not a redesign of the factory cylinder (like a vito's). The exhaust port has an airgap between it and the mounting stud locations and cases. The cylinder is Nikasil'd and it shows in person. The aluminum doesn't stop, it only changes color slightly and looks VERY hard on the inside of the cylinder. The "stock" bore size is 71mm, the piston has NO intake windows but the intake skirt side of the piston is shorter than the exhaust side by about 10mm (very unusual) and it appears the piston is cast construction from the factory but I believe the removal of intake windows will make the piston sufficiently strong for just about any application.

All in all, the cylinder workmanship looks top notch. The casting is clean (despite not having been hand cleaned after the process) with absolutely minimal casting flaws (just a few of the little "bubbles" that form in the corners of the mold).

No problem dude. I'm glad someone on here had cash at the right time.

The guy said he only ran it about 2 hours and something was messed up in his carburetor (that apparently he never found) so he pulled it back apart. You can still see nearly all the factory crosshatching in that second pic. The piston has a few little patches of scuff mark but otherwise it's super clean.

A few interesting notes about airsal kits just for the general information.

It's a complete total recast, not a redesign of the factory cylinder (like a vito's). The exhaust port has an airgap between it and the mounting stud locations and cases. The cylinder is Nikasil'd and it shows in person. The aluminum doesn't stop, it only changes color slightly and looks VERY hard on the inside of the cylinder. The "stock" bore size is 71mm, the piston has NO intake windows but the intake skirt side of the piston is shorter than the exhaust side by about 10mm (very unusual) and it appears the piston is cast construction from the factory but I believe the removal of intake windows will make the piston sufficiently strong for just about any application.

All in all, the cylinder workmanship looks top notch. The casting is clean (despite not having been hand cleaned after the process) with absolutely minimal casting flaws (just a few of the little "bubbles" that form in the corners of the mold).

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait!!!! :D :D

damn nice snag noobs, that jug looks new!! I:I

that cylinder has twice the potiental right off the bat over stock, it will be a very quick bike if you have the right port design plan.
i think black frame would be sick. now will it still be trail/drag based machine?
or whats your plans

oh and welcome to the big-bore club bro :D

bout time too, jeez!!! i had one too, except mine wasnt as good as this one, these cylinders dont get bored either, they are renikasild. good score bud!!

u are going to be big bore for life now!! next will be +4 longrod....

lol thanks everyone! :D :D my local dirt drag strip is going to be closing after this season and as of right now there is nobody stepping up to run it so i feel a purpose dragger is not for me right now so this will be a dual purpose cylinder just like i do with my current jug, just with a bunch more power lololol I:I. im really liking the black frame idea with some red plastics maybe and all new stickers (yes i will be getting another flotek and four stroke this sticker haha). cant wait!!!

need to come around a little more offten......
noobs is done beating up on the 400's going for some 450 ace now im asumeing!!!!
i want a update!!!

got some tear down work done yesterday, no pics though, you have all seen a dirty and beaten blaster laying in pieces on the garage floor lol. flotek has the cylinder and says he really likes what he sees and that there is a lot of potential power in there :D B). frame is going to get painted a simple black and i plan to paint a few things red to break it up. still looking for a decent deal on a maier 250R style race hood so if anybody has a lead for me i would appreciate it. im also going to port my rad valve a bit more for some additional flow, add some boyesen pro series reeds and possibly a new silencer. who wants some??!!?? lol jk jk I:I :D

no. no new silencers. you have to keep the legacy of the upside down fmf end cap

lmao, honestly if i was to get a new (to me) silencer i would repack it and put the cap back on upside down, i love how it shoots the smoke straight into the face of the 4poke behind me :D