PRE MIX ratios/ myth/ facts READ

i have a 2000 blaster thats bored .50 and has a k&n air filter, boyesen power series reeds, and the oil injection is took out. what would be a good mixture for it.

Ive got a question more towards the gas side.. and I know this question have been asked many times, and everyone has their own opinion over it, and I have heard bad and good about it, but I would like to know what is your view over using 100 Avgas with your 2-stroke ? ? ?

ok so what i am going to do since my gas tank isnt big enough for some of my rides is. im going fill my oil injection tank in the rear with 110 race fuel half way and the rest with good 2 stroke oil.. .. lets see how it goes.. :)

That sounds like its gonna be disasterous for your motor ! I'm not experienced with race fuel/110 octane but most people run 32-1 or 40-1 with pump fuel (91,93 octane etc.) what makes you think its safe to mix at a 1-1 ratio just because your using race fuel ? I'm not tryin to be a dick I just don't wanna see you blow your motor ! Unless you have money to throw away, then go for it.

Avgas is made for slow burning big bore engines turning around 3500rpm to very high (20,000') altitudes.
If this is what you are riding, this is the fuel for you!

Steve

Does anybody have any experience with this oil? I was told to run it at the 100:1 like the label says...???

Attachments

• 2013-02-11 20.51.32.jpg
    2013-02-11 20.51.32.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 255
I accidently ran my KTM 125 bike on 100:1 Ipone (claims you can do it) for a weekend.
No smoke, none! Bit of a burnt smell. Bike felt a bit different and compression was down.
No damage was done but it was mostly trail riding with some bursts here and there.
It survived but power was down.

Ipone advises 100:1 for indoor events like trial where very little full throttle will be used and there may be lots of idling.
Light trail riding, it may work fine for you, but the harder you ride it, the more oil you want.

Larry's Shee had a link to a very informatve site: About Two Stroke Oils and Premix
and also read the part about "smoke" about half way down this page Klemm Vintage Modifications for.

Steve