New style build

I did too didn't I! Then a major rain storm came. Oh ya I forgot my dumb ass when I was putting the swinger together some months ago never tightened the carrier pivot nuts? never checked them even aftyer Ken reminded me to go over the bolts :-[ almost destroyed the rear! Tarmo to the rescue!

There isn't gonna be no builder war in this thread! So please keep those comments out of my thread, I posted in the SCD thread, KOR thread, ya have something to say say it there!

Thanks to all who had a part in this build lasted longer than it should have!

I just realized how big my nose is! DAMN! The women love to ride it!

Last edited by a moderator:
GEEZ, you guys are tough. I will have it all prettied up sometime next week, very busy week, son graduates and wifes mom is not doing well at all... I want to ride!

Some dumbass lost track of time!

Any how new Z400 shock and rings installed, cylinder honed.

I like this shot shows the dome shape very well!
A4438887-orig.jpg

1C00B999-orig.jpg

2007 Shock-
30CC1E75-orig.jpg

4FDB0B54-orig.jpg

what was wrong with that beutiful 400ex shock they are the same arent they

Well, I threw a socket on the floor after a knuckle buster it bounced up and broke the shrader valve off of the older 400EX, all the nitro was gone and the shock was a low rider! i couldn't do that if i wanted to.

Also the preload adjustment was frozen so i couldn't adjust it! All good now!

She is leak free now and ready for heat cycles and a quick rip around the hood! i put the 35mm carb on with similar jetting to the 33, the air strikers like a biger pilot for some reason.

Reactions: speedemon17
Well, I threw a socket on the floor after a knuckle buster it bounced up and broke the shrader valve off of the older 400EX, all the nitro was gone and the shock was a low rider! i couldn't do that if i wanted to.

Also the preload adjustment was frozen so i couldn't adjust it! All good now!

She is leak free now and ready for heat cycles and a quick rip around the hood! i put the 35mm carb on with similar jetting to the 33, the air strikers like a biger pilot for some reason.

Knuckle buster olympic gold right there max reps for the asonishing aim

Any new updates, dude? Did you ever get it running right?

She is running! Either the harness from the 05 is bad or the CDI box was bad? I have the 02 harness on there now and she fired up 2nd kick.

I found out why I only had 120psi reading on my compression tester, The o-ring had a split in it that wasn't visible till you compressed it! Borrowed a tester from The local auto store and got 151 psi, 150 psi cold 150 psi 3rd try! I guess i honed it good?!

I need to finally jet it to perfection, she was smoking pretty bad and the plug was dark brown!

It lives! wooo hoo!

Short vid I had a fisherman take for me!- No problem picking the front end up in the first four gears! She ran good, I'm at 145 main, and a 45 pilot air screw 2.25 turns out, CGL needle 2nd clip, Does have an ever so slight bog coming up on the needle so gonna play with that, I do have a CEL needle but, wanna keep that in the 35 air stryker, as next season I want to do a true ass dyno comparrison of a 33 to 35 a/s on same motor! This is a small local place down on the River where I test and tune!

Last edited by a moderator: