New style build

Did the last like 4 pages of this thread disappear? What happened?!

there is posts missing, i remember recommending a smaller pilot, and all that is gone, and doesn't even show up to me in mod mode ????
musta got hard deleted ?

there is posts missing, i remember recommending a smaller pilot, and all that is gone, and doesn't even show up to me in mod mode ????

I was coming on to see if we had a resolution yet and to make a call for the BF mafia to get a 03-06 CDI for slick to test.

I was going to volunteer to pay for the ride and return to get Slick riding!

I was coming on to see if we had a resolution yet and to make a call for the BF mafia to get a 03-06 CDI for slick to test.

IAN should have an 03+ cdi we can borrow for the trip
good lookin out though !

Did the last like 4 pages of this thread disappear? What happened?!
Where did they go?

musta got hard deleted ?

:(

Appriciated, Not the CDI however, I swapped harnesses I bought a brand spanking new harness 88-02 off a local guy, and hooked up I had a older style good cdi, same result, so either something with the stator, Carb, Reeds, VF3's are new-carb is new- stator is new and at +3 advance, but source coil was 6 Ohms low at 186, the manual says 192-288.
Gonna put timing back to original, try it, then swap carbs, check reeds. If that still doesn't do it, Must be the stator assembly only thing left!

This thing is not running yet???What is this your high school class project???? hahahahahahah Ill see you Friday night and Saturday. I am sure we will get it all set and going on Friday. Hurry yo ass up!!!!!!!:eek:I:I

seems to be a a lot of weird stuff getting deleted and changed in the last say month? hmmmmmmm

i wonder what it is

thats twice i seen you mention that, and now a timeline that just happens to coincide with my mod status.
nice try holmes, but sorry to disappoint you, i did not delete any posts in this thread, nor block wholden from posting in your PC thread, nor do i have the ability to block anyones posts as far as i know.
get you boys PB and freek to check it for ya, or pm cbaber if you'd like, they can see eveything i've done.
time to look elsewhere :D

Last edited:
Ok little up date, blasty is running, ended up being the stator thankls to Ken great troubleshooting (source coil), to be exact, so if you ohm out a coil and it is 6 ohms short you could have problems. My blasty was running and heat cycled 15 later!

However, This is the scary part, everyone knows i had just about every piece powder coated, including the toomey pipe! Well when i was doing the first heat cycle, Steve and dave were behind my quad working on Steves'. They were screaming whoa,whoa, whoa, shut it off. we are getting pelted with hot bits of something! Turned out, the jagoff who ceramic coated my pipe, did not cap the ends of the pipe and I got a cup full of blasting material out of the pipe using brake cleaner and water! OH sh*t! I was nervous, and pissed because I tipped that pipe upside down and shook it before I put it on, nothing came out, however i never expected it to have blasting material inside.

I assumed (first mistake) that the local guy I had do it would of either capped it or cleaned it out! He will never get my buisiness again!

No I did not disassemble the motor ( yes i should have) But chose not to! I will check compression later this week and at least once a month for next 6 months just to see, Put new plug in, looked at the top of the piston all good no signs of material!

Now, I have to say now I have experience with two of the top (IMO) blaster pipes, a power pros and Toomey, I have to say two things, I like the toomey's pull it hits earlier but not as long i think this will be my pipe of choice for the trails, If i was to plan to drag or race I would switch to the right bend, as it pulls longer but not as soon as the toomey.

The SCD porting on my cylinder, is awesome-I do enjoy it, thanks James great job!

The Head work and +3 bottom/shaved balancer/flywheel- by KOR Just completes it and so far will pull the wheels in first 4 gears on command, By the time I hit 5-6 I'm going to fast to try and wheelie! Thanks Ken great work as always!

I just have to say WOW my blasty is one fast mother and was proven at Ken's ride!