grizzly 600 rebuild update(s) pics

tyler1blaster

Aug 16, 2009
virginia
***********READ FIRST**************

my dad and i started to dissamble the old grizzly today. ( we bought it a few months ago (mud everywhere) it smokes, basically a P.O.S.... we ran into some problems. lots of stripped bolts!! even a missing head bolt!?! dirty as hell. how can i remove the two strpipped valve cover bolts? they're a star pattern. i tried vise grips.

here are some pics. we only had about 2hrs to work on it.

9astis.jpg
as it sat
5kmsck.jpg
no rack
2wfux49.jpg
no plastics
15my6w5.jpg
WOWOWOW NO HEAD BOLT!
2z8b9dc.jpg
rich much?? lol
2z83luq.jpg
manual
2uixi5k.jpg
top view
6q8sd0.jpg
top dead center

se1yt4.jpg
more ....

Last edited:
Re: P.O.S 4 stroke build!

2qbwutd.jpg
(carb on) offf
1z64200.jpg
a5gm04.jpg
bolts we need. all of them were stripped except for the missing headbolt
it sits bare now tomorrow i will get into the valves and camshaft... any of yall know how to get a stripped valve cover bolt off?

Last edited:

I can see someone got an A in handwriting in grade school. LOL just kidding. Looks like a project for sure. I hate getting a new bike and having to deal with all of the stripped bolts from previous owners... That's so annoying.

I can see someone got an A in handwriting in grade school. LOL just kidding. Looks like a project for sure. I hate getting a new bike and having to deal with all of the stripped bolts from previous owners... That's so annoying.

i know its really annyoing. i was getting very VERY angry. i kept saying i dont know how some one could abuse an atv that way. all of the ones that i bought new or near new still have that factory smell and that steel silver engine not that brown junk. my handwriting is very great i know. trust me its better when i take my time :p