90's Proper!

mk2dubbin

Aug 5, 2012
First off I wanted to thank everyone who answered a question or two I had, and for having the site available for everyone to benefit from.

I have now finished the 3-month Blaster build for my girlfriend and this weekend is the unveiling when we go riding with our normal crew in Trevorton. It started as a purchase of a pair of half-complete Blasters with hopes of turning them into one nice one but quickly turned into a complete ground-up rebuild since both were in serious disrepair.

Pretty much everything but hard parts were replaced. All bearings (minus a few in the transmission that were still good - some weren't), seals, gaskets, cables, hoses, brakes, chain, sprockets, oil pump delete, tors delete, stripped down harness, bottom end refresh, top end rebuild with Wiseco 66.75, levers, grips, etc were all replaced. The frame and all like components were repainted, bolt holes thread chased, new bolts where needed. Powdercoated wheels and stock exhaust, painted hubs, etc.

I literally took everything apart and checked/replaced/redid the whole quad so that it's pretty much 100% brand new for her. She is still a beginner rider having only ridden a Warrior a handful of times, and this is her first two-stroke. I wanted her to be able to get on and go and only focus on riding without having to worry about stuff breaking or not being legit.

This is how they looked when I bought them...
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
nothing like doing it right and complete the first time,
she should get years of trouble free riding !!!!!!

Agreed. I do the same thing when building my cars. It costs more up front, but pays dividends in the long-term.

I have started adding some pictures and will continue to do so. I have the urge to share!

I, too, love the 90's Yamaha styles and colors. This is the '93 Warrior my family had and that my dad let me borrow for her to learn to ride on. Gotta love the pastel pink and purple/blue! It's awesome.

warrior.jpg

One of my buddies has a graphics design business and is working on reproducing the factory rear fender graphics for me as well. I can't wait to get them put on for her!

3a.jpg

3b.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

5b.jpg

I will grab some more pics tomorrow from the maiden voyage, and I am sure she has some pictures that I can add to the timeline for you guys. I worked on it mostly when she wasn't around and didn't take many pics myself.

that turned out really good man. great job!

it's screams early 90's. i'd need a mullet and parachute pants just to ride it. lmao!