having an irritating problem

Eric40

May 27, 2020
Okay, I'm having a really irritating problem I could use some good help, not the same remarks of leak down test compression test etc I've done all that.

I bought a 2003 Blaster. I have replaced everything with OEM parts that I could and when I say everything I mean everything. Everything I have put on I did to spec per service manual specs, ohm checked with the ohms meter just to be sure, I have new wiring also. Excellent spark, leak down test is as zero as you can get, because I have struggled so much with this thing I've made sure that everything is perfect. I have the torres unit still attached, I do not want to get rid of it regardless of what your opinions are, sorry. I am struggling to get it started, it starts sometimes but not all the time, I think I just get lucky. The first few times I was able to get it started it ran like crap, when it's stalled out or stopped running it would not start again ( until I got lucky again) like days later like it needed to dry out but at the same time days later doesn't necessarily make a difference because it might not start again anyway hence the if I'm lucky. I have had the parking break switch connected and not connected same results, Torres unit is connected for idol only so wiring isn't connected. I was able to get it running again the other day sounded great, the idol started to sputter out I attempted to adjust it at the Torres unit, I went the wrong way and it died. I have not been able to get it started again. I did a lower end and top end rebuild,. everything fit together great like it should. compression is 128, leak test is zero like I said, new reeds are tight to cage, no warp . I have a 280 jet in and it started and ran the best so far, which I'll post a video of. (Video is 15 seconds long and it won't let me upload say's it's too big , so I guess I can't show you the video) I have FMF expansion chamber and a DG exhaust, air box lid on. So far the times that I have been able to get it started was with a 270 jet 260 jet, it ran like crap. it ran good for a minute with the 280 jet. Hopefully this is enough info but probably not, Any ideas?

Last edited:
Don’t be so impatient. People do have a life ya know. One post works best.
Check your other post
I couldn't figure out how to delete the post,I didn't scroll down far enough to see that there was a different room to ask a question and the other one made more sense to put it in.