The "I said I'd never do this" Bobber Build

Oh no Im just now joining this forum after using it for a long time to lookup information and specs etc.. never really had the patience to make an account. I only know that you typically have very useful Posts wether it's a "how to" or schooling the non mechanically inclined on how stuff works so I glanced through your bobber build. I like it alot lol

again...thanx.
disreguard the mistaken identity, we had an past member by that name.
and welcome to BF

I remember those. My shins hurt looking at them!

that shouldn't be a problem on this bike with no pedaling required :)

Reactions: BudgetBlaster
For sure! They still hurt. I use to ride BMX, after those bear claws, I went to platforms with less spikes. They look awesome and very original!

For sure! They still hurt. I use to ride BMX, after those bear claws, I went to platforms with less spikes. They look awesome and very original!

i still have scars on my legs from those bmx pedals:D...
but i dont think awk is going to be 360ing the motorcycle lol..
they look great and the bike is looking better and better everytime i see it awk:cool:

we let a guy borrow the mig welder last week, he brought it back but not the helmet (A-HOLE)
and my own helmet is at my storage unit, so the fender brackets just got a few tacks to hold them in place for now.

pay no attention to the "way too long" bolts touching the tires I used to position it, all I had at the time.
thats an m8 x 45mm bolt, so there's plenty of room between it and the tires
I'm thinking bolt head inside, acorn nut on the outside ?
ninja shock back in there until I get the ducati spring off and painted

fender brackets out of 1/8" steel, following the lines of the seat bracket
IMG_20150705_101035286.jpg

IMG_20150705_101017261.jpg

Last edited:
An m8 button head would also look nice. SS maybee? or pc black?

I had you some links but my pos phone wont copy and paste.

Are there plans for a new/ different swing arm? Or reinforce this one?

I see no reason to reinforce or replace this swingarm, there's no rust anywhere and zero reports of any problems ever with this swingarm that I have seen, it's designed well and built to last forever.
plus it has the driveshaft running inside the right hand side back to the differential.
my lower shock mount spans the stamped steel like our blaster swingers have and is welded to the heavy tubes running back each side.

driveshaft inside tube
universal joint inside rubber boot
22222.jpg

An m8 button head would also look nice. SS maybee

agreed, and will match the m6 allen button heads that will hold my seat and license plate holder on

Ahh i see, I just didn't want to see it twist on ya or anything that's all. Now that you pointed a few things out it looks bulkier than I assumed. I have looked at these pics over and over and never realized the drive shaft went through the swing arm :oops:. Pretty neat how they did that.

made a little progress today before my son showed up to get a boom-boom system installed in his blazer :(

mounted new headlight & brackets, turns, cbr250r switches, clutch lever & master cylinder/lever, and mirrors.

IMG_20150718_111958638.jpg

headlight bulb and grill need a slight turn to align correctly when I have it apart for paint/final assembly
IMG_20150718_103725823.jpg

IMG_20150718_111951292.jpg

not digging how high the mirrors sit :(
forecast predicts different ones
IMG_20150718_112108194.jpg

Reactions: Charles
Mount them underneath? Maybee chop them down to 1/3 the lenghth though also? Like the mirrors themselves but they do look out of place. .

Maybee chop them down to 1/3 the lenghth though also

not these ones, the supports split into 2 after the mount, then back to 1 near the mirror itself, and is too thin to redrill/tap.
I'll figure sumthin out with them, or just get sumthin different.
think I only paid $20 sum for them

Wow nice looking build mang. I know alot has gone into this build. Ill be by soon enough to test drive her for you. :)

Nice looking dude dude. I'm in the middle of building a mini chopper. I have that same style headlight and them mirrors you link to on ebay.

no, but getting back onto this very soon.
we have been crazy busy at work all thru the winter,
I have everything bought to reassemble it the way I want, except I still have to order the new aftermarket carb/intake setup for $500.....soon.