Do I ride it or keep it stored?

Tyler l

Feb 10, 2024
About 10 years ago I bought an 02 blaster from an estate sale. Thing was probably ridden very very lightly from when owned by an older gentleman who passed.

when I bought it I got a bill of sale and a death certificate from the estate. So no CO and or title.

I’ve ridden it twice up and down the road and haven’t touched it in probably 5 years. Minus kicking it over key off not trying to start it and squeezing on lever to make sure cables don’t get frozen. Granted it’s stored in a climate controlled basement.

When I say it’s probably as close to showroom as you’ll find, I’m 99% sure there aren’t many like this one out there. There’s still paint marks on nuts/bolts.

Anyways, my kids are getting into riding now. One rides a ttr50 one rides a raptor 50. I have a Viking 700 for myself but it’s just too big to chase them around the yard on. Should I pull this out of retirement?

my question is am I letting this quad go to waste sitting there? Will it be worth any value like a 250r or banshee these days? I’m not trying to fetch 10k in another 10 years, but I only paid $1,000 for it and if I could get 5k out of it in another 5-10years I wouldn’t be mad about it.

Or do I save it for the kids to ride when they can handle it?

It's unlikely you'll be able to sell it for much more than you spent. Five times the price is something unbelievable. It's not an antique. People will be looking for newer and better models, not antiques.

I'm new here but I've been in the ATV game for 30+ years, particularly with Honda three wheelers. Those have seen a huge surge in apparent popularity and in a lot of cases prices people are willing to pay go along with it.

I'm working on a 1995 Blaster with my daughter, and while it's a very cool little sport quad, I'm not sure I would bank on it seeing the popularity and subsequent increase in value like we've seen with ATCs, TRX250R and Banshees.

I say get it out and use it as it was intended to be used. Don't abuse it, take care of it, but I think it's purpose would be better served if you and your kids get use out of it. Don't deny your kids the fun and experience of riding a spunky 2-stroke, which is steadily fading further and further into the past.

I'm new here but I've been in the ATV game for 30+ years, particularly with Honda three wheelers. Those have seen a huge surge in apparent popularity and in a lot of cases prices people are willing to pay go along with it.

I'm working on a 1995 Blaster with my daughter, and while it's a very cool little sport quad, I'm not sure I would bank on it seeing the popularity and subsequent increase in value like we've seen with ATCs, TRX250R and Banshees.

I say get it out and use it as it was intended to be used. Don't abuse it, take care of it, but I think it's purpose would be better served if you and your kids get use out of it. Don't deny your kids the fun and experience of riding a spunky 2-stroke, which is steadily fading further and further into the past.
Perhaps the time you spend with your daughter is worth the time it takes to repair the Blaster. Regardless of the prospects for this Blaster.

Reactions: RIDE-RED350r
IMG_2399.jpeg

Reactions: RIDE-RED350r