2003 Honda 440ex walkaround

yep, what a misconception..........................thinking the lazyness to maintain a bike will magically be cured by switching to a 4 joke

I know a guy who lives around here who has nerf bars and if it wouldn't have been for them he prob wouldn't of broke his ankle his foot went through the webbing and he got dragged with the quad lol nerfs or not you can still be injured badly

i didn't say that you shouldn't jet a 4 stroke during winter, i just meant it wasn't a necessity like a 2 stroke (2 stroke gets it's lube through gas as we all know) and a 4 stroke doesn't. it's going to be hard on anything running lean in cold weather i was just referring to how important it is to do in a 2 stroke while alot of people don't bother with a 4 stroke. sorry to start a riot haha, i rejet my stuff for winter either way.

@cruelsoul... if you tighten the webbing as tight as it should be and you have them tightened in all places then you will not fall through to the ground unless the webbing rips, which is very unlikely.

i don't see heelgaurds on your bike either ?????

it's ok, if you have your cellphone to call 911,
the paramedics/fireman will find you in about an hour, with your leg twisted around the axle, broken in 2 places, and foot ripped out of socket, facing the wrong direction, and the $11,000 helicoptor ride to the trauma center only lasts 3 minutes
oh wait, that only happens to me

I had it off for the picture looks cool with out them.. I don't ride the white one much anyhow ik but I'm going to put them back on.

WHAT! You better check the jetting in winter. Not as detrimental but still should be checked! I:I

I have had my daughters Raptor since new in sept'08, Going on it's fourth year, It's all about maintenance don't matter what ya got. {hint-Check the valve adjustment at least once a month} As far as speed, The blasty will smoke it all day long!

It's true that you have to rejet a 4 stroke for winter but you have more room for temp changes then you do with a 2 stroke. You can get away with a little lean with a 4 stroke.

i didn't say that you shouldn't jet a 4 stroke during winter, i just meant it wasn't a necessity like a 2 stroke (2 stroke gets it's lube through gas as we all know) and a 4 stroke doesn't.

No, a 2 stroke gets it's lube from the 2 stroke oil you mix in with the gas, it is cooled by the gas. 4 strokes are cooled by the oil as well as lubed by the oil.

u can not be lean with the 440 kit, or ur askin for a blown motor. U still stock on the oil cooler and oil resovior i see? or what ever the oil thing is.. and a 426 will keep up with it. Its all about the compression buddy, that 440 can be a 10:1 and have a 426 with 11:1 compression and that 426 will haul ass

No, a 2 stroke gets it's lube from the 2 stroke oil you mix in with the gas, it is cooled by the gas. 4 strokes are cooled by the oil as well as lubed by the oil.

yeah that's what i was saying, 2 strokes get it through the gas they run (gas + oil) while a 4 stroke doesn't have to rely on lubrication through fuel.

u can not be lean with the 440 kit, or ur askin for a blown motor. U still stock on the oil cooler and oil resovior i see? or what ever the oil thing is.. and a 426 will keep up with it. Its all about the compression buddy, that 440 can be a 10:1 and have a 426 with 11:1 compression and that 426 will haul ass

i don't run lean!! if you read my past post you would see that i always rejet mine for colder riding! and yeah for now it is the stock oil tank but when more cash comes i'm getting a cfm oversized oil tank... as for the oil cooler, can you get bigger coolers or something? only thing i've seen is some people put a oil port out the right side of the head/valve cover for more cooling but if they make better oil coolers i'll be looking for that too. and i never said a 426 wasn't good, i just bought this one with the 440 kit so i'm not going to complain! why does everybody throw a fit when i say a 4 stroke doesn't rely AS MUCH on jetting changes as a 2 stroke due to where a 2 stroke needs jetted for it's lube. a 4 stroke of course running too lean will fry, but you have a wider range to work with than you would with a 2 stroke.

a 2 stroke if lean will kaboom a 4 stroke will pop pop pop noticeable.... so I agree casey a 4 stroke is alot more forgiving and gives u pleny of warning.... ya gotta be deaf and stupid to blow up a 4 stroke due to being lean

Last edited:
a 2 stroke if lean will kaboom a 4 stroke will pop pop pop noticeable.... so I agree casey a 4 stroke is alot more forgiving and gives u pleny of warning.... ya gotta be deaf and stupid to blow up a 4 stroke due to being lean

yeah that's what i was trying to get across but i guess i worded it wrong haha... thanks for clearing it up. and yeah for sure a 2 stroke gives no warning at all until it dies! how is the 250r hybrid running man? last vid i seen of jordan it looked like it was running great!

its running good... have the practice motor in after oconnor gave it a valve job... hes porting the new race head and putting in titanium intake/exhaust valves ... he's good with 4 strokes too if ya need work done

that's good to hear! i bet that thing will rip your arms off! and yeah any work i get (if i need work done) will be done by him. i can rebuild the top ends of a 4 stroke but i think if i ever need it i'll let him do it since he can probably do it faster and better than me. plus if/when this "440 kit" (guy told me it was 440 and so did the mechanic but i don't know for sure) does give out, then i'll get ken to redo the 440 kit on it (and if it don't have a 440 kit then i'll throw one on it haha). would you happen to know what to look for to know for sure if this is a 440 without tearing it apart?

I would guess the cylinder is differant, look on ebay for pics and compare. Some times its hard to tell a dif, Jordans has a 269 and the cylinders looks identical to oem. Your head is probably stock tho.

yeah i've seen tons of kits that look exactly like oem, that's why i can't tell whether it's 440 or not. i'd like to know though haha i am only going by what i was told, but it is atleast been rebuilt recently either way

^^^ it probably is haha i was just told 440, but it might even have hotcams in it... if so, i hope atleast stage 2 but stage 3 would be nice haha... i can't wait to get more goodies for this thing! but one thing is for sure, tires are in the near future for it i just got to save up the cash!

here is a vid of it revving some more, i took this before i changed the oil and oil filter in it today and i was bored haha...

Last edited by a moderator: