Before n After Blaster

2blaster

Nov 29, 2011
B'ville GA
Bought this for $150 from a guy who bought it sight unseen for his girlfriend, she paid for it. Got it to his house and decided it was more work than he wanted to fool with. This was one of those that gets a frame paint with only removing the plastics. There was green paint on the chain, carb, cables, exhaust, just wherever. Looks like it had been parked outside for who knows how long with no spark. Someone had removed the magneto and broke the stator in the process. Turned out it was the cdi box, I had a spare. Put in a stator and magneto from my extra motor, brought the front brake cables back to life, thought I had done the same with the clutch cable then saw it had a broken strand, so got a new one, and new rear brake cable w/pads. Carrier & swing arm bearings were ok just needed cleaned up and re-lubed. Rebuild & re-jet carb, they had already removed tors and oil inj. Thought I might repaint the frame green but couldn't do it. Cut the rear fenders, remove decals and prep/paint the plastic. Bought a used Pro-Circuit, had a K&N filter to put on it after cutting holes in the air box lid. Got some new rear tires, gonna try to use the fronts for awhile. Send cylinder off for re-bore & Wiseco piston. Put it all back together with a new seat cover. Cost? I don't keep track. Keeps me out of trouble, priceless.

Before
IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

After
IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

Couple in-between
IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

very nice transformation bro, bring 'em back from the dead !!!!!!!!!

Yea looks awesome I really like it and the front tires look wider than my 18-9.5-8 rear tires I bet they are

good work! those front tires are massive i think steering a oil tanker may be easier

Yea, I'm gonna find out. The wheels have Yamaha stamped on them, don't know what they came off of. Not sure how this will go on my trails,, may just use it on my two little flat tracks.

Looks very nice.
Isn't this your third rebuild? I think I remember your custom heel guards

Yep, #3. Might be it for awhile unless I come across another can't pass up kinda deal. As it is, the five of us can go riding now if two double up on the Polaris 4x4.

sweet man. looks a ton better. i would have to agree with everyone else about the front tires though. gonna be hard to handle on the trails but fine on a flat track

Your in trouble :)
There's a ton of blasters out there that need your help.
I know one thing for sure

YOU GONNA NEED A BIGGER GARAGE.

LOL, Yea I have to move these outside to work on anything else. If I can move this sailboat to someone else's house it would give me a place to keep the 4-wheelers.

IMG_1293.jpg

Last edited:
Man you did a sweeeet restoration. But those front tires are pretty ugly! Looks awesome man, great job! Heres some green I:I

EDIT: Ooops! It appears I have given you rep already and I need to spread some around! I'll get ya later.

Man you did a sweeeet restoration. But those front tires are pretty ugly! Looks awesome man, great job! Heres some green I:I

EDIT: Ooops! It appears I have given you rep already and I need to spread some around! I'll get ya later.

I'll give him some for ya.