2003 Honda 440ex walkaround

caseywoods5

Jul 18, 2010
Mc Roberts, Kentucky
hey guys here is a walkaround of my 440ex and how it currently sounds... i ordered a k&n air filter, red Moose case saver, brake pads all around, relay, clymer service manual, and 440ex decals for it today! used my birthday money for it (cost me 152 dollars).... let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks man, yeah 450's sound good if you set them up right. only reason i didn't go with a 450 is because i don't want something high maintenance that i have to work on all the time.

thanks Dakota! and it feels really good to ride, very comfortable and plenty of room, has tons of torque (likes wheelies but if you're not trying to do a wheelie the worst it'll do is raise front wheels maybe an inch or so off the ground)... and they have quite a bit of power, but it's a good usable power, just every now and then it can surprise you (mines a 440 so i can't speak for stock). if you're thinking of getting one then all i got to say is go for it, they're very low maintenance and they're reliable (something alot of 450 owners can't say).

sounds like sh*t, but i think all 4 pokes do

Yeah them 400s are easy for maintenance they require very time on oil changes etc. my old 450 sh*t it was like every so many hours of riding heres a pic of her I miss her but not the maintenance got rid of her before we had our son.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks Dakota! and it feels really good to ride, very comfortable and plenty of room, has tons of torque (likes wheelies but if you're not trying to do a wheelie the worst it'll do is raise front wheels maybe an inch or so off the ground)... and they have quite a bit of power, but it's a good usable power, just every now and then it can surprise you (mines a 440 so i can't speak for stock). if you're thinking of getting one then all i got to say is go for it, they're very low maintenance and they're reliable (something alot of 450 owners can't say).

I would like a 400 or larger 4 stroke for winter ridding. I would be nice to not have to worry about getting so much.

Ur foot comes off that peg ur leg going to getten eaten by that tire..

i don't see heelgaurds on your bike either ?????

it's ok, if you have your cellphone to call 911,
the paramedics/fireman will find you in about an hour, with your leg twisted around the axle, broken in 2 places, and foot ripped out of socket, facing the wrong direction, and the $11,000 helicoptor ride to the trauma center only lasts 3 minutes
oh wait, that only happens to me

@blasty 95 & awk... i am going to be getting nerf bars with integrated heel guards as soon as i get some cash haha... i already knew what could happen the way it is!

@dakota... yeah i know what you mean, 2 strokes are fun in winter and all but 4 strokes have the torque to get you around... plus 2 strokes REQUIRE change of jetting whereas a 4 stroke doesn't HAVE to have it.

sounds good...known a few guys that have raced em and had no problems... although with big bores u gotta keep a eye on the crank

You said you want something that's not high maintenance, I have a friend with a 440ex that is constantly in need of attention. Probably still slower than a blasty. I'll be posting a vid of me racing my friend on his 440ex, me on my blaster when I finish my build. We'll see what's faster.

@dakota... yeah i know what you mean, 2 strokes are fun in winter and all but 4 strokes have the torque to get you around... plus 2 strokes REQUIRE change of jetting whereas a 4 stroke doesn't HAVE to have it.

WHAT! You better check the jetting in winter. Not as detrimental but still should be checked! I:I

I have had my daughters Raptor since new in sept'08, Going on it's fourth year, It's all about maintenance don't matter what ya got. {hint-Check the valve adjustment at least once a month} As far as speed, The blasty will smoke it all day long!