yz85 Blaster.

I've thought about doing this swap as well before. People SEVERELY underestimate the power an 85cc motor will make. In fact, they weigh less and have a much lower center of gravity than the Blaster's 195cc engine and will PUT IT TO SHAME in terms of power output/displacement. The biggest struggle is creating enough torque.....after that, the 85cc engines with aggressive porting, head mods, carb mods, etc. can hit 32-33hp..........and that's not BS. For comparison, most aggressive ported Blasters with similar mods only run 30-35hp. This just goes to show how sad the Blaster's port layout is from 70s dirtbike engines compared to modern dirtbike engines. Displacement plays probably the smallest part of anything when it comes to engines. So in that respect, the 85cc engine is superior to the 195cc Blaster engine in every way when it can generate the same amount of power......stock or modded as the Blaster.

For comparison I have also tinkered with the idea more favorably of using a big bore 125cc dirtbike engine in a Blaster. Try this on for size........all of these 125cc bikes are stock.....and look at the power output.
164_0402_jday_45_z.jpg

Love that frame color!! I've been thinking of doing that swap for a few nats next year. Let me ask u this..do u think it's possible to have the mounts set up for a quick change on the motors or better to use another frame. I'm just not excited about switch everything over to frames that often. I cant wait for more progress !!!!!

Love that frame color!! I've been thinking of doing that swap for a few nats next year. Let me ask u this..do u think it's possible to have the mounts set up for a quick change on the motors or better to use another frame. I'm just not excited about switch everything over to frames that often. I cant wait for more progress !!!!!

thanks. I think it's defiantly possible to do that, I don't think it would be any harder then doing what we did.. we thought about going that route, but by the time he is done riding this as a 90mod the frame would probably need replaced anyways..

and switching frames is not that bad at all... it only takes us about 45mins to an hour to do it...

I will probably have pics with the motor mounted tomorrow...

Ya I probably just use my extra frame and do it that way..just lazy. Alright I'm counting on u to show us how its done lol

Looks pretty badass. What mods are you allowed to run on the engine in that class? Can you port, mill, etc. What's the limitations?

we can do anything we want as long as it stays under 90cc's...

it is ported, milled head, stroker crank, ceramic bearings, bigger carb pretty much everything you can do to one of these and keep it under 90cc's I:I

Okay, first off all I have to say is Burgard cycle you guy's suck dick... I ordered my steering stem with second day air shipping over a week ago, I was told it would ship the next morning... I have called them probably 20 times and never got an answer...

so, the quad sat there on the stand waiting and we did not do any work on it. I gave up and put my +2 janssen stem on it so we could get some stuff we needed done on it...

it's a roller now! lol

IMG_0394-1.jpg
IMG_0396-1.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg