yz85 Blaster.

tjsdaname

Oct 17, 2007
IA
just getting all the stuff to finish the 90mod (yz85 powered Blaster)
here are all the pics.

The frame is sand blasted and ready to go to the powder coaters. the engine has a stroker (not sure on length, but it makes it an actual 90) high compression Wiesco piston, ceramic bearings, all Hinson clutch (basket and all) fmf fatty pipe, milled head. we have not decided on the carb yet.

Engine Mounts:
IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Frame Gussets:
IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

These rear frame gussets are now the CFM airbox mounts:
IMG_0353.jpg

Engine, and the best 2 stroke oil there is:
IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

unfair... i'm not allowed to keep my blaster on the kitcken table.

hahaha it's not the kitchen table, it's the table in the basement we use for rebuilding engines lol

but I do wash quad parts in the kitchen sink. :D

just ordered a blue standard length burgard steering stem.

gonna get the fame PC'ed orange like my blaster. gonna drop the frame off tomorrow.

it's basically gonna look just like my blaster, just a few little differences like the blue stem

this s a different swap ahha.
how much power does that 85 make? probably more then the aircooled blaster lol
Im curious to see how/where you mount the radiators?

Yeah why a 85? And why metal engine mounts? With an 85 you could've saved the weight and used cardboard right? lol Just kidding I'd just put something a little larger in.

yeah, im building it for my 10 year old cousin to race in the 90 mod class.

and from what my builder say's it will make about 10% more power then the fastest stock bore blaster.

and it should be done late next week, ill be sure to take a TON of pics lol. ill get some good ones of the rad mounts.

Sweet. As long as this bugger is fast.=]

oh, it defiantly will be...

back when I was racing the blaster, one of my friends raced a raptor 250 in my class, and a yz85 mod in the 90 class built by the same guy as this one and he could ride the yz85 mod just as fast as his raptor...

his was on a yfz450 frame though... here is some pics of his.. it's insane,

Screenshot2011-03-16at113455PM-1.png

Screenshot2011-03-16at113429PM.png

Screenshot2011-03-16at113406PM.png

just got the frame back from the powder coaters, it turned out amazing!...

we are gonna start swapping all the parts over from my blaster tomorrow, other then that we are just waiting on the burgard steering stem.

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg