yz85 Blaster.

thanks!
no, we cut them to get them out of the way and make more room....

when your racing you gotta lean and the fenders are right where your knees go....

Yep.......since I moved by rear fenders back and now have more room to lean, I noticed I need to trim a little bit more off the front fenders as well as my knees are hitting.

How hard is the conversion. I have a chance to buy a engine, radiator,pipe,and required electrical complete for $450.00 I already have the roller.
Is it worth the trouble. How's the power & vibration?

How hard is the conversion. I have a chance to buy a engine, radiator,pipe,and required electrical complete for $450.00 I already have the roller.
Is it worth the trouble. How's the power & vibration?

i do not think it would be worth it. an 80cc mx engine does not have crap for TQ or HP till way high rpms. and to put it in a heavier chassis turning much more of a load will require it to be in the meat of the band at all times to keep it moving. might be something fun to pull out and rip around on once in a while. but not something i would want to do some serious riding/racing on. not as an adult rider anyway. $.02

this is not something you should build unless you are racing in the 90 modified class lol..

here is a vid of it in action at the track.

Last edited by a moderator:
The yz 85 in the frame it comes with its a very impressive little bike I know a guy who has a 85 for his daughter for beaverdale and she has made it to the top on it they are nice lil motors

I know this is a old thread but I have a question. What did you do about the chain since the yz85 is 428 and blaster is 520 pitch I can’t track down a conversion sprocket