YFZ450 propeg nerfs for the blasty

ive been telling blastizzle and freek their bikes are my fav.... i like the way yb's sits and what hes done..paulies is sick i love me a hybrid.. but blastizzle... man your is f***** CLEAN BRO.

Thankx! Everyone out there too, really. I appreciate the love. And props to those guys too, Mine's not the only good lookin' blaster on here.

Reactions: 250rBlasterMutt
Done and on

2898-0403101234.jpg

2899-0403101439.jpg

2901-0403101440.jpg

The hardest part was patchin' the bar back together from shortening it because my welder's not set up for aluminum. The yfz nerf is too long from foot peg to front mount for the blaster.

nice work, but i was wondering, was welding them to the frame the only option??? i woulda tried another things before that. But still great work and the blaster is f*cking sexyy!! and the yfz even moree!

nice work, but i was wondering, was welding them to the frame the only option??? i woulda tried another things before that. But still great work and the blaster is f**cking sexyy!! and the yfz even moree!

The nerfs themselves arent welded on, just the pegs the nerfs slide onto. The foot peg mounts bolt on but the front tube is welded. Front tube can be put on with U bolts with flat metal tabs that slide over the U bolts which is typical nerf mounting hardware.

Reactions: MINIGfather
I dont think he actually welded anything on the nerfs brandoz. If he did it was prolly with a mig and a spool gun or a tig. You can weld aluminum with the right equipment no problem. Thats some good looking work Blastizzle!

I was looking at the original pics to see how you ended up welding it.
It looks like you cut the section out and made the sleeve that was steel.
Split the steel tube in half with the whole cut for the foot peg section.
Drilled holes in the tube.
Put the 2 halves together welded the seem.
Then plug welded the holes you drilled to the aluminum?

The last part is whats confusing me.
How is that gonna stay together?
Is there something else in the step by step im missing or what?
They look bad ass on there man and I might wanna do that sometime but just curious how its gonna hold up since you cant weld steel to aluminum?

Thanks and have some rep on an awesome job.

I was looking at the original pics to see how you ended up welding it.
It looks like you cut the section out and made the sleeve that was steel.
Split the steel tube in half with the whole cut for the foot peg section.
Drilled holes in the tube.
Put the 2 halves together welded the seem.
Then plug welded the holes you drilled to the aluminum?

The last part is whats confusing me.
How is that gonna stay together?
Is there something else in the step by step im missing or what?
They look bad ass on there man and I might wanna do that sometime but just curious how its gonna hold up since you cant weld steel to aluminum?

Thanks and have some rep on an awesome job.

thats kinda what i was thinking too. they look badass after the paint too!

Yeah I should've put some pics on how I did it. What i did was sleeve the inside of the alum. with steel tube then capped the outside then drilled three 1/4" holes through all three layers. Slid 1/4" steel rods through then spot welded them to the caps holding it all together. There's a pic of the three welds.
2692-0312102101c.jpg

Reactions: underwaterboy82
Ahhhh I over looked that part guys.\

I got a feeling Blanshee man had to have extended a arms to use those nerfs. I think they are off a rapter and the peg mounts seem to be custom made where the nerfs slide on. The nerfs themselves just bolted to the frame with u bolts. This is if I am remembering right from when I had them sitting in my garage not fitting on my stock a arm blaster.....