Stainless Bolt Kit

royalt67

May 12, 2009
Klamath Falls, Southern Oregon
Anybody who has disassembled a Blaster motor has stripped one of those stupid phillips case screw by now. Tearing down my son's motor the other day I stripped a couple, even with my impact driver! Soooo.....I just thought I'd share my new purchase. A sweet, custom polished, stainless steel, socket head, engine bolt kit from a little company called stainlesscycle.com.

I bought em on ebay, $24 bucks shipped for every bolt on the engine. Cases, covers, reed block, exhaust, all separately packaged. They grind the knurls off each one and then hand polish them. Very nice. YAMAHA BLASTER YFS200 STAINLESS BOLT SET - eBay (item 370467270769 end time Dec-23-10 08:57:49 PST)

Sorry about the crappy color of my pic, the flash didn't work.

boltkit.jpg

This ends the commercial part of our program.....

Last edited by a moderator:
remember to use anti sieze on them.

LOL. That is important enough to mention again! They even print on the invoice, "We highly recommend using anti-seize!"

And yeah, stabor, I thought it was a good price too. I dont' believe the SMS kit is polished (Brando?) and I'm positive it costs more. Just putting in a plug for the little guy. I enjoy a good product at a good price.

i think mine was around 30 bucks, i bought it over a year ago though lol. i believe mine are polished though i'd have to check though.

i'll be using these on this motor though

i think mine was around 30 bucks, i bought it over a year ago though lol. i believe mine are polished though i'd have to check though.

I bet they aren't polished. Only some little guy like this could stand at a grinder, grind off all the knurled sides, buff each one individually, and still make some kind of profit selling em for 24 shipped.

Hell, I couldn't even go down to the hardware store and buy em for that price.

no worries, i'm gonna go with this kit this time around i think. save a couple bucks and still get a good product

it does come with stator screws right? my SMS one did...

Hmmm, good point. I just checked and I think it only comes with the bolts that show externally. The case bolts packet only has 7 and it should be 10 total if I remember correctly. And no, no stator bolts.

shoot... might go with the SMS one then, it came with every case bolt, every cover bolt, including ones for the oil pump cover. i really hate those phillips headed bolt/screws