raptor 350 or blaster

ok thanks again for all the input, i got the blaster and its great, what size rear tires should i get

get some 20's, then go whoop some craptor350 ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive heard people flip the rims to get more clearance, is this ok to do and do you do the front and back rims or just the back

I was refering to flipping the rear rims. Actually side to side as mud lights are directional and they were slightly rubbing heel guards. You can't flip your front rims as you have disc brakes and valve will tear off. Would have to use flush stems.

The biggest problem with Blasters are the owners. No offense. It all boils down to how well you take care of and tune the machine. The Blaster's 2-stroke engine is incredibly simple and will last for years if properly-maintained. Use good oil, jet the carburetor correctly, run quality gas, keep the air filter clean, do an annual leakdown test just to be sure, and you'll be set.

Sometimes Blasters get a bad reputation because people slap pipes on them and run 'em hard without re-jetting, causing the top end to blow. Or they use cheap weedeater quailty oil, don't take care of the air filter, run the engine with a leaky seal, etc, any of which also causes engine damage. Thus, the myth arises that the engine is flimsy when, in fact, it wasn't taken care of to begin with.

The only real problem with a Blaster is weak shocks and POS chain rollers. Both of these issues are easily addressed. Other than that, they are sturdy. In fact, if you look at my sig pic close enough, you'll see that I wrecked my Blaster prior to taking the pic. The handlebars are bent on one side. It took quite a beating and kept right on kicking. They are tough little machines.

I'd get a Blaster. A Raptor 350 is a nice quad for trail riding, but they are underpowered and you'll get bored with one after awhile. I used to own a Warrior (basically the same thing without as many modern upgrades) and got tired of it after only two trips out. I couldn't even get a thrill out of a TRX 450r. 4-stroke engines just don't appeal to me enough to justify owning one.

Bottom line is, you'll have more fun on a Blaster, and there's a huge potential for modding as you decide you need/want more power.

That one at the dealership is WAY overpriced.

I gave $ 1,000.00 cash for my 2005 Blaster. IT was almost brand new and came with the Toomey kit already installed.

You can find 2003 + Blasters for sale in good shape for $ 1,500.00 or less with a little looking. Skip the dealer and try stalking Craigslist for a little while. You'll find a good deal...
exactly what he said and lol to the cheap weedeater oil comment, it made me laugh cause some people actually put that stuff in their blasters

I think that theme can be applied to almost anything. Boats, cars, four-wheelers, tractors, everything needs proper maintenance.

For example I picked up a super clean mercury sable for cheap because the guy never took care of it. Still had the original plug wires, cap, and rotor after 150,000+ miles. Original fuel filter, transmission fluid, etc. It apparently got oil changes which is likely the only reason its still running. People would look at it and think it was a POS, when really all the problems its had can be attributed to lack of proper maintenance.

The point I am trying to make is, whether it be a blaster, raptor, grizzly, banshee, ford, chevy, toyota, yamaha, honda, or whatever. Maintenance will always be the difference in it running strong for a long time, or being considered a "flimsy piece of crap"