raptor 350 or blaster

I think we should all upgrade to some chinese 110cc quads!! they are high horsepower machines and will take out a 450 hands down!! lmfao

I have 2 bikes, and age doesnt always mean experience. Just because some old men like to get on the internet and watch you woman and mouth young boys on a atv website. You should stick to your atari

Wow! Your going to say that crap to a member that has been a big help to many of the members on here including me? Awk may be ruff at times but is a hell of a good friend if you get to know him. Maybe when you grow up some more you will realize that sometimes its better to shut up and listen.

But i do gotta stand up for 1995 i didnt like the comment calling his quad a piece and that sort of thing. i think other then the bent frame its a pretty respectable quad.

But i do gotta stand up for 1995 i didnt like the comment calling his quad a piece and that sort of thing. i think other then the bent frame its a pretty respectable quad.

Where talking about awk. You get him going and he will bust your balls some. He has pissed me off in the past but I realized its nothing personel. It's like working in construction . The other guys will bust your balls all day but after work invite you to have a beer with them. Awk is a good guy but strong on his opinion. That comes with age. I'm the same way at work.

I have both. I like the blaster and the wife likes the raptor because of the electric start and reverse. I can't stand to ride it though. I guess if my blaster were stock, it might be a different story. Best thing is you can mod a blaster to no end. I like to tinker and work on things, but if you want to just ride and only do some minor maintenance then a raptor might be for you.

I had a Raptor 660 before my blaster.
My eyes were opened with my son's Honda TRX 250, lighter and more nimble than my Raptor.
On tight trails he was always ahead of me. He bought a Blaster and we've never looked back. I had to have one too.

Now with our mods to lengthen the wheelbase and increase power, maybe we would have been better off with one of the racing quads,
but these Blasters have delivered the goods. Simple, lightweight, and easy to mod to what you want.

The 2 stroke is another factor. More of simple and light and easy to mod.
Pipes are almost useless on a 4 stroke, you have to buy cams and headwork. 4 strokes are expensive and complicated and heavy.
At best you might get a 50% power gain on a 4 stroke, not so with the 2 stroker.
Without buying a single aftermarket part you can double the hp of one of these Blasters.
How? Turn the head, increase the exhaust duration (piston or port), close the quench, take the lid off the breather box and rejet.

I sold the Raptor 660 with no regrets. I do not miss it.
Light as the Raptor was (390 lbs) it still took 2 guys to get it unstuck, I can lift my 300 lb Blaster out of mud by myself.
Simpler is better. My Blaster is not as shiny and pretty as the Raptor was, but a heck of a lot more fun.

@AWK

Not to be rude, or call you out but have you ever rode a rappy 350? They are very nice bikes. It a button starts right up. Put on your boots while it idles and then take off, has neutral light reverse 4 stroke lower end power nice brakes(no matter what year you get) really comfy ride. If i had the choice i would take one. I wouldn't call them any faster than a blaster but more trail worthy right off the back. With more updated EVERYTHING.

And i would never ever compare a warrior to a raptor lol. IMO 2 completly different machines all the way. The raptor is a more built sport quad, the warrior is a better looking utility.

So it boils down to laziness eh?

Not trying to bust balls but that's the only foreseeable reason I get from that.

I've ridden alot of 4-strokes and 2-strokes and nothing compares to the punch of a 2 stroke hitting powerband.

ok well some guys have told me that blasters are old technology and suck are they reliable machines or do the engines blow

ok well some guys have told me that blasters are old technology and suck are they reliable machines or do the engines blow

Yes, Blasters are old technology.
2-stroke, chain drive, no reverse, all steel, no aluminum frame pieces.
Simple and tough, cheap and easy to modify.
There ain't no dual overhead cams, independent rear suspension, fuel injection, dry sump, vacuum operated cigarette lighters.

"Suck" might apply to power or performance or general reliability.
Well, 17hp is not much but it moves a 325 lb machine around pretty good
and it seems any fool can get more hp out of these machines.
As far as off-road performance, they are small and light and nimble, and if they do get stuck can be lifted out of a mess.
Yup, they only come with basic suspension suited to moderate speeds, but accept better components as you need them.
Simple and basic and a price to match.

Do the engines blow? Yup, any engine can blow. Ferrari, Volvo or Chevy, they all blow if mistreated.
If you treat a Blaster well, it will last a long time.
Most are own by beginners however, and there is a lot of abuse and neglect out there, so there are some sad stories out there.
What if those folks had owned Hondas or one of those fancy 450 race quads? $$$$$$$$$$$ for repairs.

I owed a 660 Raptor and riden bikes for 35 years. I see the Blaster, stock or modified, as a real gem of a quad.

A Blaster might take a little more ability as a mechanic/tuner especially when you start hopping it up. Have to remember that some of them might have 25 yr. old seals in them. I fail to see where they require more maintenance, other than a Craptor/Warrior might run longer with NO maintenance. Wether 2 stroke or 4, double the power THEN see which one requires more work. I can double a Blaster with a $350 pipe and a Dremal. Is it even possible to double a Warrior? Both stock bore/stroke? A Warrior/Craptor is a good machine, reliable as a hammer, and just as much fun. Give me a Senco with bump/trip function and I can frame like a crazy man.

As you can see from my sig, my son and I have a Warrior, Blaster, and Banshee. Guess which one I like the best ?? Duhh :D:eek:. The Dirty Rat Blasturd I:I. My old ass can throw it around like a dirt bike. I'm not sure if the Wardogg can even pull the front wheels. What's the big deal about a neutral light? Only time I use neutral is when I first start it for warm-up. And if I have to stop to wait for someone I know how to find neutral with my eyes closed. Reverse???:-/ If I were carrying a FAT chick with two broken legs reverse might be handy. Hell my broken down 185 three wheeler is probably more fun than a Warrior. I know one thing for sure, If I flipped I sure as hell rather have a Blasturd land on me :eek::D.

Obviously if you go to a Warrior/Craptor forum you know what they'll say 8-|

Two stroking it since BEFORE they had reed valves :eek:. GOD, I love the smell of bean oil I:I.

Reactions: Awk08
Hear, Hear Larry!

The Warrior/Raptor 350 might run longer with NO maintenance, but my Raptor 660 and 450 bikes would not.
With the high tech comes high maintenance needs. Frequent oil changes and tuning or they will blow.
So if we are comparing the 350 machines with the Blaster, they are slower and heavier and just as old tech.

The reverse is needed on the 400+ lbs machines, and most of them are problematic. They don't work well or break.
My Raptor was very finicky about going into reverse and when it did it had a rpm limiter cut out that would drive you crazy.
With the Blaster you lean hard over the front wheels and GIVE'R! She will spin around on the spot, even with 17 hp.

229206_10150236712600803_549110802_9083952_5649659_n.jpg

ok so are there any known problems with blasters, like what should i look at when going to buy one used.

ok so are there any known problems with blasters, like what should i look at when going to buy one used.

No big known problems that I am aware of, poor care is the largest problem.
As said, check compression or you may be doing a bore and piston, about $200.
Check all the bushings for play at your pivot points, swing arm, A arms, steering head, ball joints. about $25 each to repair them.
Bearings at the front wheels and the rear axle, again $25-$50.
Brakes work OK? Parts missing? $$$
Electrical work? Start easy?
If some of these things are bad they are easy to repair but you should negotiate way down in price.
If there are some things bad, there are always others hiding...

I thought I remember a sticky on "Buying a Used Blaster"?

I own 2 blasters and one rappy 250. The rappy is a nicer ride (softer) than a stock blaster, shifts a lot better IMO, I like the elctric start but if your battery dies your screwed, especially if your in a flat field by yourself, no kick start! Has 5 gears and could use two more IMO. Is light! Maintenance, very easy to do, keep oil changed, keep valve clearances in spec, Run a good plug, run good gas, in winter (if u don't ride) unhook battery, drain tank , clean carb , and store check compression before next season and gas up and go.

A blaster stock, is a hard ride, not as soft as a raptor, I believe it is just as fast as a stock raptor, has six gears and is kick start only (I like this never let me down yet).

So much better power and performance from a blaster than a 350 raptor, you could spend $800 and have a nice fast blaster that could smoke 450's. $800 on a raptor and you still can't beat the blaster!! JMO!

MY choice BLASTER ALL DAY!

A 2-stroke is a little different, alot more maintenace, crankcase oil changes regularly, clean air filter every ride, (at least i have to as it's always dirty as hell)- leak test every couple months or when a idle, surging, problem arises with no apparent reason, Compression checks every couple months, to avoid a disaster and possible case punture! Keep oil tank full or pre-mix at desired level I use 32:1 super M. Check reeds once a year for wear, (this is where a leaktest would be optimal), Make adjustments to carb( for weather changes) <<< one of the biggest things, especially when you modify an engine part!

Oh BTW-AWK has ridden my 4poke 250, wasn't impressed, actually hated it! It runs out of gears too quick!

The blasty is just an