raptor 350 or blaster

Had a warrior, the reverse was always giving me headaches....

To be honest it all comes down to personal preference. Me, I'll take the two stroke over the few luxuries a raptor 350/warrior offers. I prefer the feel of a two stroke over a four stroke.

Reverse? Was pretty much needed on the warrior, but on a light blaster I don't think I'd hardly use it. Neutral light? Would be nice to have, but again, just go down til it stops then half a click up let out on the clutch slow :)

My opinion is both bikes have their strengths and weaknesses. Compared to new bikes the blaster is old technology. 10 Years from now the raptor 350 will be old technology. It won't keep people from riding them now and then. My personal pick is the blaster but if they question was asked to me for somebody else, I'd have to let them decide.

The other thing is the blaster may require more maintenance, but if you are conscious and pay attention and catch it in time, they are much, much easier to repair than a warrior/r350 in both time and skills required. Just my two cents.

Ok
my 2 cents:
Have had my blaster for almost 4 years now
Used to have a kx 250 kx 125 yz 125
Got the most used cheapest one i could find (my 1st quad and did'nt want to spend a lot if i did'nt like it)

Have done about 2900 km ! (Got one of those bicicle speedometer on it )
Allways Full trothell !!!! fun fun fun
Fliped it 3 times now (last one was last sunday) no more damage then bent handlebars , stil same bar !
Change the tranny oil one a year (0,650 liter)
Clean and oil the air filter 2 3 time a year (i only ride in winter so less dust)
Still have oil injection on it
HAve had the airbox half filled with mud and water ! no problem !

Never never fail to start in under 3-4 kicks !! (90% 1st kick)
Cracked and broken fraime and swingarm( i ride hard :) ) welded and back to the trails.

Still the same spark plug !!!!!!!

Mods ? FMF, rejet no airlid ,better brakes (pre-03) lights , bumper

Problems ? one: rectifier/regulator went bad (engine still worked just blew lights a rappy would have stoped ) got one used for 5$ on egay

Maintnence? oil, gas, carrier bearings once , a-arms bushings, brake pads, chain and sprockets - normal wear and tear !!!

Is a raptor better trail machine then a blaster ? yes !(reverse, e-start)

Is it less maintnece ? NO !

Is it more fun to ride ? HELL NO !!

my 2c
Nuno

Reactions: Paulie B
Ok
my 2 cents:
Have had my blaster for almost 4 years now
Used to have a kx 250 kx 125 yz 125
Got the most used cheapest one i could find (my 1st quad and did'nt want to spend a lot if i did'nt like it)

Have done about 2900 km ! (Got one of those bicicle speedometer on it )
Allways Full trothell !!!! fun fun fun
Fliped it 3 times now (last one was last sunday) no more damage then bent handlebars , stil same bar !
Change the tranny oil one a year (0,650 liter)
Clean and oil the air filter 2 3 time a year (i only ride in winter so less dust)
Still have oil injection on it
HAve had the airbox half filled with mud and water ! no problem !

Never never fail to start in under 3-4 kicks !! (90% 1st kick)
Cracked and broken fraime and swingarm( i ride hard :) ) welded and back to the trails.

Still the same spark plug !!!!!!!

Mods ? FMF, rejet no airlid ,better brakes (pre-03) lights , bumper

Problems ? one: rectifier/regulator went bad (engine still worked just blew lights a rappy would have stoped ) got one used for 5$ on egay

Maintnence? oil, gas, carrier bearings once , a-arms bushings, brake pads, chain and sprockets - normal wear and tear !!!

Is a raptor better trail machine then a blaster ? yes !(reverse, e-start)

Is it less maintnece ? NO !

Is it more fun to ride ? HELL NO !!

my 2c
Nuno

Nice post
Couldn't have said it better myself B)

thanks everyone for the input, i bought the blaster yesterday because it sounded like a good choice for what im gunna be doin and its great, i love it, the only problem is i need some new rear tires(have stock ones on it), what ones do you recommend cause i knw razrs are good but what others

depends on your long term goals with the quad. if you plan on keeping for a long time and having to do basic maintenance than the raptor is probably the best bet. the blaster will require rebuilds long before the raptor. the blaster is a simple machine to build on for the most part and is good for learning about basic 2 stroke mechanics with. the raptor is a more comfortable newer bike and will probably have less hassles, if you plan on doing nothing to it, i would say go with the raptor, if you want to be able to work on your bike, learn about your bike, and get close with your bike, i would say the blaster.

depends on your long term goals with the quad. if you plan on keeping for a long time and having to do basic maintenance than the raptor is probably the best bet. the blaster will require rebuilds long before the raptor. the blaster is a simple machine to build on for the most part and is good for learning about basic 2 stroke mechanics with. the raptor is a more comfortable newer bike and will probably have less hassles, if you plan on doing nothing to it, i would say go with the raptor, if you want to be able to work on your bike, learn about your bike, and get close with your bike, i would say the blaster.

Blasters do not need to be rebuilt a lot if there taken care of like they should. A top end rebuild is going to be a lot cheaper with a 2 stroke then with a 4 stroke. 4 strokes have a valve train that needs to be adjusted and is an extra concern when it comes to wear and breakage.

isn't a rebuild going to cost the same normally. if a piston breaks in a 4-stroke, and that is all, all you need to replace is the piston. ya it is more time consuming and harder than a 2-stroke, but the cost is still around the same. now if it takes out a valve or something, that is another problem all together and will rack up the price a lot.

isn't a rebuild going to cost the same normally. if a piston breaks in a 4-stroke, and that is all, all you need to replace is the piston. ya it is more time consuming and harder than a 2-stroke, but the cost is still around the same. now if it takes out a valve or something, that is another problem all together and will rack up the price a lot.

If a piston breaks in a 4 stoke it almost always makes damage to the valves and head
Anyway check the prices on some parts like electrical coils and reg/rect between the two models the raptor partes ar more expensive
Besides you will have more oil changes oil filter and batterie
you also can have problems with the starter(not that uncommon on the warrier )
Everything else is the same (brakes,bushings, bearings, chains and sprokets etc)
Nuno

Ughh i dont have much experience with blasters.. infact very little since ive not long had mine.. but i love it :D .. but some of the things that "Makes the raptor better" 2 I really disagree with.. 1. Electric start.. partly because i like kicking of a quad ;) and because its like choosing a lift over stairs in a fire.. do the work your self and less can go wrong.. electric starts often fk up such as when they get dirt in the switch. and 2. neutral light? are u f**cking serious? if you cant get your gears right OR even release the clutch to biting point to see.. dont ride a manual, EVER.

To sum up everything that has been said:
Buy a Blaster.
If you have a raptor 350 put a blaster motor in it :D

I have a blaster,banshee,and a kdx.

Of the 3 the blaster is a bad ass little quad and ive had a great time tinkering with it and building it up to the 240BBK power house it currently is.The parts are cheap,the maintenance in my opinion is minimal,tuning is easy,theres a large following for this quad with plenty of turn key recipes and combos guys have habitually tried and proved over and over and then theres the guys like ken that take them to the next level of performance.

As for which is faster a blaster or raptor 350.Well i can tell you for sure i raced a heavily modded warrior 350 with pipe,head work,crower (i belive) cams,and port work and much better suspension than my blaster with banshee fronts and a 400ex rear and in a straight drag race my 240bbk dog walked it!!!The only time it was close was when i dumped the clutch expecting to spin and instead stood her straight up and had to let out of the throttle momentarily and even then i reeled him back in almost immediately.And that was with my stock but jetted carb.Id like a rematch with my pwk 35 lol

Im sorry i dont mean to step on any toes but the 350's are slow!Thats not to say they dont have their niche in the atv world.Some people literally are a "LAZY ASS ATV OWNERS" and i say that and can support it look at the manufacturers now that are putting luxury items such as power steering.Come on seriously if thats not a lazy ass feature idk what is lol

I like to cut the 2 stroke and 4 stroke responsibilities and differences down the middle like edelbrock and holley carb guys (IM A GEAR HEAD BITE ME) edelbrock carbs have few tuning features and are more of a set it and forget it syle carb (CARTER ALWAYS WAS) but holley has infinite adjustments and changes that can be made and also require more frequent routine maintenance like a 2 stroke but also like everyone knowes the holley makes more power lol

Bottom line is the OP needs to figure out what hes comfortable with and what his needs and expectations are.And if you cant make a choice of those two just buy a banshee!!!

ok thanks again for all the input, i got the blaster and its great, what size rear tires should i get