Hydraulic rear brake conversion questions

Just Riding

Jun 21, 2021
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum here. I have a 2001 Blaster that I love but it has no rear brake. I'm looking for advice concerning how to add a hydraulic rear foot brake.

From what I can tell... I should get my hands on a foot peg from an 03-06 blaster that has the brake pedal. It doesn't look like I can use something off a warrior, raptor etc as their mounting holes are at an angle vs perpendicular to the peg.

I can fab and weld a plate to the side of the frame to hold the master cylinder and hydraulic actuator...

Then there's the rear end... It appears I'll have to fab a custom mount and spacers to my 01 carrier to hold the new caliper.

One thought I had was to swap in a rear end from an 03-06. Or just buy a used 03-06 rear end and bolt everything on. If I do that I may only need to fab a mount for the master cylinder etc.

I'd love to hear how other people have added rear brakes, see some pictures etc.

It would be awesome to get that rear wheel control on this quad.

Do some digging on here, lots of good info, you can modify a stock pre 03 setup to accept a hydro rear caliper, you would need to keep your stock floating rotor and mount the caliper to rear carrier, most of the brackets can be formed pretty easily and should be plenty of pics floating around.

Reactions: Just Riding
Get a cheap cali and master off Amazon or Egay. Get one that has the bracket. By using the floating rotor and caliper you only have to be close locating it. Resi can mount up under seat.

Reactions: Just Riding
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum here. I have a 2001 Blaster that I love but it has no rear brake. I'm looking for advice concerning how to add a hydraulic rear foot brake.

From what I can tell... I should get my hands on a foot peg from an 03-06 blaster that has the brake pedal. It doesn't look like I can use something off a warrior, raptor etc as their mounting holes are at an angle vs perpendicular to the peg.

I can fab and weld a plate to the side of the frame to hold the master cylinder and hydraulic actuator...

Then there's the rear end... It appears I'll have to fab a custom mount and spacers to my 01 carrier to hold the new caliper.

One thought I had was to swap in a rear end from an 03-06. Or just buy a used 03-06 rear end and bolt everything on. If I do that I may only need to fab a mount for the master cylinder etc.

I'd love to hear how other people have added rear brakes, see some pictures etc.

It would be awesome to get that rear wheel control on this quad.

Hi All,
I am building and filming my effort for others as it's tough to find good examples on YouTube. If you're interested I have a two part series fabricating and making a rear hydraulic brake for my '01 blaster from a 2004 raptor 660 caliper setup. Anyone can do it.

Hi All,
Replying to my own post but thought it would be helpful for others.

I am building and filming my effort for others as it's tough to find good examples on YouTube. If you're interested I have a two part series fabricating and making a rear hydraulic brake for my '01 blaster from a 2004 raptor 660 caliper setup. Anyone can do it.

Reactions: Awk08