Project super sleeper shee

Looking good. Gotta love the black and yellow! I have heard it is better (power wise) to stay with 2 carbs than go with the 2-1 intake!

Looking good. Gotta love the black and yellow! I have heard it is better (power wise) to stay with 2 carbs than go with the 2-1 intake!

I run a Graydon 2-1 Intake and a Motofast 2-1 Exhaust on my Banshee , and yes it's not the right set up for WOT drag passes , but for trails , hill shots and overall duning its great , plus it makes tuning and maintenance a bit simpler .

I run a Graydon 2-1 Intake and a Motofast 2-1 Exhaust on my Banshee , and yes it's not the right set up for WOT drag passes , but for trails , hill shots and overall duning its great , plus it makes tuning and maintenance a bit simpler .

I'm just not a fan of them. 2 carbs with the same jetting is pretty easy to tune. Taking off an extra pipe is no big deal for me either. On various dyno tests I've seen, the 2-1 set-up makes about the same torque/low-end hp as a small dual carb set-up. The only difference being the 2-1 set-up gives up at higher rpms where the dual carbs keep going. I've also seen guys go nuts tuning that set-up. If ya like them then thats all that matters right.

I'm just not a fan of them. 2 carbs with the same jetting is pretty easy to tune. Taking off an extra pipe is no big deal for me either. On various dyno tests I've seen, the 2-1 set-up makes about the same torque/low-end hp as a small dual carb set-up. The only difference being the 2-1 set-up gives up at higher rpms where the dual carbs keep going. I've also seen guys go nuts tuning that set-up. If ya like them then thats all that matters right.

I agree , it's all about your desired response you want from the motor , that's the Brutal Beauty of a 2 stroke , you can have anything you want .

watching closely Paulie. Nice looking machine before, looking forward to after. Still trying to fit in a long weekend down your way.

I got the cases back finally! After a quick mock up I found one of the rods was rubbing. A tiny bit of grinding on the upper case half took care of it.
I've decided to have my trans cut. I should have it off soon.
Cutting is not an overide or even like it. I'm just having every other one of the engagement dogs ground off.
Shifting, clutch action, back loading is just like stock.

Pics of trenched cases :)

PB100001.jpg

PB100003.jpg

I got the cases back finally! After a quick mock up I found one of the rods was rubbing. A tiny bit of grinding on the upper case half took care of it.
I've decided to have my trans cut. I should have it off soon.
Cutting is not an overide or even like it. I'm just having every other one of the engagement dogs ground off.
Shifting, clutch action, back loading is just like stock.

Pics of trenched cases :)

PB100001.jpg

PB100003.jpg

Looks killer bro!!!

Did you do the trench work?

Werent the vitos problematic?

Looks bad ass is the paint work all spray bombs or automotive paint?

Looks killer bro!!!

Did you do the trench work?

Werent the vitos problematic?

Looks bad ass is the paint work all spray bombs or automotive paint?

Wicked Motorsports did the trenching.
You might be thinking of their 404 big bore kit or another one of their 'sleeved' stock cylinder kits. These guys are their own castings.
I PC'ed those cases :)

Well it's been a year since I got her built and the Flotek trail port has been awesome, but I really miss the snap your neck torque the 400 blasty used to give.
It's time for an upgrade.
With a shee it's so easy to get greedy with the power that you'll find lots of guys running too much porting, too big pipes, and too big carbs. The end results are of course the same- rediculas power at the cost of drivability. Those guys MAY beat me on the track but off track they aren't having fun. My plan of attack is simply breaking the Banshee's bad rep of not being a fun trail bike.
I want something thats gonna pull my bearclaws through the mud without having to tach it out to 8000 rpm.
The sleeper part of it all is after I'm done it should look just like it did before- pimped stock and badazz. I will be keeping my PC'ed stock head, PC'ed stock 26mm carbs, stock uncut flywheel, gearing, Pro-Circuit pipes, stock air box, and the stock reed cage.
What I'll be adding is old school Vitos 10 port 68mm jugs, and a big crank from TDR.
Everybody loves pics so here are some so far :)

Getting the motor out:

PA010014.jpg

PA010026.jpg

PA010027.jpg

PA010024.jpg

PA010021.jpg

Are you the guy that has a youtube video of "2 laps around an MX track with a banshee?" I just watched it, came here, and noticed a yellow banshee with the same handgaurds and tire! lol

Just to knock the dust off this thread. I have been told by more then a few guys the rods on my cheap crank are crap.....
It's currently @ Wildcard Racing getting the full monty treatment.
New 'HotRods' rods are being installed, welded, trued, balanced, and max load bearing put on.
I hoping it to be on it's way back to my open arms next week.

Here's what a 'cut' trans looks like.
PB240007.jpg

PB240006.jpg

Just to knock the dust off this thread. I have been told by more then a few guys the rods on my cheap crank are crap.....
New 'HotRods' rods are being installed, welded, trued, balanced, and max load bearing put on.

Glad you got that PualieB money!

Pics when it's done...

good to hear PB! cant wait to see it at busco!