Project super sleeper shee

Paulie B

Jan 17, 2008
SOMD
Well it's been a year since I got her built and the Flotek trail port has been awesome, but I really miss the snap your neck torque the 400 blasty used to give.
It's time for an upgrade.
With a shee it's so easy to get greedy with the power that you'll find lots of guys running too much porting, too big pipes, and too big carbs. The end results are of course the same- rediculas power at the cost of drivability. Those guys MAY beat me on the track but off track they aren't having fun. My plan of attack is simply breaking the Banshee's bad rep of not being a fun trail bike.
I want something thats gonna pull my bearclaws through the mud without having to tach it out to 8000 rpm.
The sleeper part of it all is after I'm done it should look just like it did before- pimped stock and badazz. I will be keeping my PC'ed stock head, PC'ed stock 26mm carbs, stock uncut flywheel, gearing, Pro-Circuit pipes, stock air box, and the stock reed cage.
What I'll be adding is old school Vitos 10 port 68mm jugs, and a big crank from TDR.
Everybody loves pics so here are some so far :)

Getting the motor out:

PA010014.jpg

PA010026.jpg

PA010027.jpg

PA010024.jpg

PA010021.jpg

Last edited:
That is a damn nice machine! I wouldn't have the balls to mess with it because it just looks so pretty :*)

The motor has already been broke down to bare cases. It's frickin yellow so I spent a while making them good enough to show pics. I want a new looking motor after I'm done.

PA070002.jpg

PA070003.jpg

The used jugs I bought came with the pistons that I determined to be still usable. They are the new Vitos big bore slugs and have added material in the bridge area as well as other areas making them pretty heavey compared to my Wiseco Pro-lites. This tells me they are solid and not just for drag racing but a good everyday forged piston. Here is a pic of the jugs and them.

P7200001.jpg

I've already hit them with some high temp Black paint- like stock

PA080005.jpg

PA080003.jpg

I've also bought everything you should when you buy used jugs and pistons. New rings, pin clips, and pistons pins. All other stuff is assorted things needed for a rebuild ie gaskets, bearings, ect.

PA070014.jpg

Thats where were at now stay tuned :D

Looks really nice, I'll be checking in! I:I

I actually saw your videos of your Blaster on Youtube, before i joined here. You no longer have that? :(

Yeah I still have it lol. It broke the frame in the grab bar area and cracked it at the motor mounts. Right now it's been resting in the garage. I already have a new fame for it but need to beef up the areas that need attention to keep that from happening again.

I got a ride for you buddy next time we hang out :)

After seeing the way you treat your own rides first hand, I'll throw a leg over that monster next time we get together. I'm always afraid that someone who's particular about their ride will offer to let me ride and then get upset when I see how much copper and zinc I have in situated in my pants.

After seeing you ride it, I know there's no fear of that. :D I:I

Yes sir sic your good. I've rode the snot out of it already and It will never have and override as long as it's a trail bike, no point in that.
DO IT :D

Any plans for new tires on that rig? I saw a video of you tearing it up with bear claws at one point

Any plans for new tires on that rig? I saw a video of you tearing it up with bear claws at one point

Maybe some fronts. They are getting worn to the point of 'pushing' in the wet around turns.
Since I have a Blasty too I also have hubs to interchange whenever.
That makes my rear tire selection x5 for both machines. I have 22" Razors, 22" bearclawls, stock tires, 20" dominators, and 20" Otsu radials.