Arctic cat kitty cat.

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
Since we got some snow coming i was prepping the sleds and my sons kitty can't won't rev up. I've taken the carb off atleast 6x already. It team perfect last year with no problems.Well there were issues but i straitened them out. The one I'm having trouble with is the 95. The 72 is running fine. My problem is It will sit and idle fine than when i ask for fuel it bogs out.It feels like the track is locked up but it's not. Running motor alone it still does it. Hears a list of the few things i have done to it and things i have checked numerous times. 95 kitty cat 60cc Kawasaki motor,mild port and polish etc,i believe 4 mill raise on exhaust port,mild shaved head, I run 93 octane fuel, 2degree timing advance right now ,governor bypassed,With stock carb larger2.0 needle and seat for the extra fuel needed, larger main, the float level is spot on, carb is clean there is no air filter, brand new spark plug br6, new piston and rings standard bore d and d pipe,
I tried all 3 carbs i have 1 stock carb one 18mm mikuni with fuel pump, and a tecumsah snow bower carb. I've used all these carbs with success. None of them make any difference as of now so I'm sticking with the stock until i figure whats wrong with it. Fuel is fresh new plug spark is good float level correct etc. i don't know what else to do. :( it acts like it's under full load but it's not.

Doohhh!!! Figured it out. went to leak test n found a little nest thingy in my exhaust. I don't know how that happened since my exhaust is so small but it did.

amazing what mice can fit into ha ?
glad you got it figured and was something simple

Yeah it is. The end of the exhaust is no bigger than a penny. I should have known to check that in the beginning and if i did i would have saved half a day of messing with it.

Same machine.
I'm raising exhaust port up a tad more and opening exhaust up a little more Do i up jet size?

Yes, up 1-2 sizes (on a blaster anyhow)

Kind or related but unrelated...

We took my friends pipe off his indy 500, cut a foot off of it and took the cone out and just welded that onto it, basically just a straight pipe now, no muffler crap.
Sounds awesome and he likes the power gain lol