Project Bumble Bee Build

Well I know that it's been forever and a day since I updated this thread. Due to the WI winter and no room in my dad's heated garage for me to work on my toys, and my place not having a garage, my build is pretty much dead in the water til March. Here are some things that I bought though for a little update..

Clutch kit
SANY0245.jpg

Vitos's +3
SANY0247.jpg

Gasket kit and shee brake hub for my axle
SANY0246.jpg

crankshaft bearings
SANY0250.jpg

i kinda wish i would've gone with a stroker now that the motor is all back together, be a man and bring that motor in and rebuild it on the kitchen table! hehehehe

haha I currently have a bunch of blaster parts in my basement since my whole garage and barn are filled up with all the cars and other toys. Looks good so far man!

Alright I know it's been forever since an update on this. I just graduated college and now have the time to work on this thing. Here are some updates.

Coming together.jpg

almost a rolling chasis 1.jpg

Rolling chasis.jpg
Finially a rolling chasis

Primered parts.jpg
Front fenders and tanks cover in primer

Making air scoops.jpg
Making some air scoops

08-09 GSXR 600 Caliper.jpg
Won a 08-09 GSXR 600/750 rear hydraulic brake off ebay for $52 shipped, Thing is like brand new

09 gsxr caliper mounted.jpg
2009 gsxr caliper mounted, still need to mount the master cylinder and hook up the pedal.

Front Plastics on.jpg
Front plastics are on!!

I'm getting so close to having it done that I can taste it. I'm down to the motor and then random odds and ends that I need yet. Can't wait.

Originally Posted by brandoz28
..., be a man and bring that motor in and rebuild it on the kitchen table! hehehehe

I was using the kitchen sink as a cleaning tank on my last rebuild when my girlfriend walked in. I was expecting to get my a$$ chewed but she was cool with it. first time for everything I guess.

color scheme looks great. I really need to start a full rebuild tread on mine.

looks sick... hows the paint holding up?

Doing random things and getting things to fit properly there are some nicks in it, but it is a 4 wheeler thats supposed to be dirtied up anyway. I think when I start the build on my '96 I may look into getting things powder coated instead of painted.

Doing random things and getting things to fit properly there are some nicks in it, but it is a 4 wheeler thats supposed to be dirtied up anyway. I think when I start the build on my '96 I may look into getting things powder coated instead of painted.

i wanna do a bumblebee build.... but ik if i paint it it wont last long enough to enjoy... mabes whenever i get the time or money ill do 1 and get everything powdercoated

yea, I'm just gonna take a few pictures when it's completely done. I can always say, "this is what it used to look like"