Project Bumble Bee Build

gearhead04

Jun 8, 2009
Well, I was going to wait to start a thread until I got farther along so I'd have more pics but I got antsy.. Here's where I'm at. Everything off the frame. Frame is going to be painted yellow this weekend hopefully. I'm going to go with black fenders, yellow tank cover, black handlebars, yellow grips, black a-arms, black swinger, yellow hubs and black rims. Let me know what you guys think of this color scheme. Thanks.

Frame down to nothing. Will be prepping and priming this weekend.
SANY0193.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the +4 swinger. I need to order new swing arm and axle bearings yet. I'm going to go with a banshee axle, so if anyone has one let me know.

SANY0200.jpg.

that color schemes gonna look good! can't wait for the finished product. lol @ safety yellow. idk why i find that funny haha

Haha ya, I'm also gonna get the Diamond J kit for the front to widen it 6 inches. They should hold up just fine, I'm not much into jumping. Then a 240 kit and hopefully a stroker crank. It will be a slow build, won't be done til spring more than likely, I'm just excited about it. Wanna do the painting before winter gets here.

yea if i do mine it will be paint and plastics and some crome or polished stuff lol!! i wondnt do stuff to the motor unless i have two!!!! lol and i bet its gonna look good!!

I'm hoping so. Gonna take my time. I painted my front hubs and right side a-arms last weekend and it took me about four hours. Trying to do a good job on the prep work. The weekend is the only time I get to work on it with full time college and full time work.

yea i hope i take my time if i do it but ill probaly get in a rush and make it look like crap!! hope i dont

I'm also going to go with the 03+ hood and possibly headlight, other wise I'm gonna put yellow mesh in it. Some homemade air scoops for the motor and that should be about it.

yea the scoops that mount to the inside of the fender is what i want 2! and yellow grips and stuff like that!!

dude dude dude do the bottom a armsblack and the top yellow with a black base coat to darken them up a bit it would look sweet as hell

that's a thought... I'll wrestle with the idea in my head. I'm just trying to picture the quad all finished in my head with all the different ideas that I have.

Thanks, but I'm gonna shy away from looking at that til I finish mine. Would like to use my own ideas and not rip other peoples off if I can. I'll truely be able to say the build was mine then..