pipe review

I have A toomey on my 95' and a fmf platinum series on my 90'

Pipe Brand And Name:Toomey b1

Estimated Price: 145 shipped with the silencer off of ebay :)

Your Engine Setup:Stock,UNI w/ airbox lid off,Boysen power reeds

Your Location:Southern California

Your jetting:#40 main stock pilot 32.5...

Overall Performance Of The Pipe:Ill give it a five all around..I love the sound good bottom,mid,and top end power.. I noticed more mid with the fmf tho...

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: I love it!!! Buy 1! you wont be sorry

Pipe Brand And Name:Fmf platinum series & fmf Q silencer(shortened 4 inchs)

Estimated Price:Came on my blasty I bought 2 weeks ago...

Your Engine Setup:Keihn carb PWK 28mm?.. UNI and who knos from there..

Your jetting:???

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: ALot better than stock by far.has ok bottom end good mid and the high end is a 4/5..

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: I like it I just perfer my toomey..It sounds nice

Pipe Brand And Name: Dyno-Port high volume

Estimated Price: 300 new

Your Engine Setup: CFM airbox, uni filter, stock carb, vf3 reeds

Your Location: Nashua NH. Weare NH

Your jetting: 250 summer 290 winter

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Great all around power, 5/5 bottom 5/5 mid 5/5 top. Also gave much wider usable power band

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: Welds are good, craftsmanship is great, just need to maintain it, as mine is bare metal

so lets jump to another thread and mislead what this one says????
and if you havent noticed yet, i say what i want, wherever, if i see BS.
i'll even call out the pope at sunday mass if he's BS'in

now thats fu*cking funny! call it as it is man... sorry I'll do my review later. baahh hahaha :D :eek:

Pipe Brand And Name: vito's fat bastard

Estimated Price: 3 sumthing

Your Engine Setup:34mm carb,boyesen power reeds,fat bastard pipe,uni filter,+4 timing,14t sprocket,good port job,head shaved,bored .40,vito's stuffer crank,plastics,

Your Location:eros,La

Your jetting:dont know right now

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: screams from bottom to top. yes it has good lowend not the best but its there.

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: its built well with decent chrome. its huge you can fit a toomey inside it with room to spare lol, looks bad ass, and sounds bad ass

if you're thinking of getting a toomey just get this one you'll save money in the end

Pipe Brand And Name: Pro Circuit pipe, 304 silencer

Estimated Price: $100, used

Your Engine Setup: Stock, K&N Filter, Open Airbox

Your Location: Northern Ontario

Your jetting: 270 main, needle in 2nd slot from top for summer, currently in the richest slot for winter.

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Better Low to Mid Power than stock

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: Good.

Reactions: deeeebeeeeee
pipe/silencer-fmf gold series with turbine core 2
estimated price-320ish
engine setup-k&n open airbox
jetting- 280 main stock pilot
overall performance-decent
quality of pipe-pretty good

How can any member give a truly honest review on any pipe unless he or she has all pipes available to try?
Most members will buy a pipe to replace the stock pipe and say its great based on their own experience on the stock pipe or at best one after market pipe to compare it to. Does price matter, if you’re looking to run strong in your own application? If one pipe is 20.00 more then another, but performs much stronger then the pipe cheaper. Would you save 20.00 to buy that pipe?
Yes I do advertise the Shearer pipe,,,, Why
It has the strongest power and torque under the curve. What do I mean by that? The bottom end and mid range power is very strong. If you want a top end pipe( drag racing; then the Shearer small bore Blaster pipe is not for you)… If you want to top end pipe then I would suggest a Vito pipe, there is not a stamped pipe on the market that will make more power…
I have tested several Blaster pipes both on the dyno and trail… I put together engines packages based upon the customer requirements. The port timing and cylinder head design play a role in the package.
My own drag Blaster will be at Busco in July
The set up is a custom drag pipe, MSD ignition and many other upgrades…
I think a very interesting test would be to have a local MOD from Blaster forum stop by and watch the dyno tests. Then take the Blaster and all the pipes to a local spot and try all the pipes out in the trails.
Let the mod do the review and post his own feelings on the pipe designs.
Tim would U and your son be interested?

isnt that the point of this thread, for people to review the pipe they have? its supposed to be about everything about the pipe, quality, sound and peformance. if a pipe is supposed to have good mid range but is built like crap who would want it? the thread isnt called which pipe is best head to head.

How can any member give a truly honest review on any pipe unless he or she has all pipes available to try?
Most members will buy a pipe to replace the stock pipe and say its great based on their own experience on the stock pipe or at best one after market pipe to compare it to. Does price matter, if you’re looking to run strong in your own application? If one pipe is 20.00 more then another, but performs much stronger then the pipe cheaper. Would you save 20.00 to buy that pipe?
Yes I do advertise the Shearer pipe,,,, Why
It has the strongest power and torque under the curve. What do I mean by that? The bottom end and mid range power is very strong. If you want a top end pipe( drag racing; then the Shearer small bore Blaster pipe is not for you)… If you want to top end pipe then I would suggest a Vito pipe, there is not a stamped pipe on the market that will make more power…
I have tested several Blaster pipes both on the dyno and trail… I put together engines packages based upon the customer requirements. The port timing and cylinder head design play a role in the package.
My own drag Blaster will be at Busco in July
The set up is a custom drag pipe, MSD ignition and many other upgrades…
I think a very interesting test would be to have a local MOD from Blaster forum stop by and watch the dyno tests. Then take the Blaster and all the pipes to a local spot and try all the pipes out in the trails.
Let the mod do the review and post his own feelings on the pipe designs.
Tim would U and your son be interested?

ok so0o0o whats the diffrence between a MOD doing the test,or a regular member? NOTHING,it all comes down to personal prefrence. regaurdless of if a person has tried every single pipe,its about the pipe they currently use,and other in the past. Your controdicting urself when u mention that. DYNO charts may give diffrent readings,but dyno means sh*t. Dynos arent grass,mud,rocks,sand,ect...there are no bumps and there are no obstructions. A dyno is based off the top performace of what the limit of the motor is. Gradually brought threw the gears to the peak. Now unless its a drag bike,thats not what blasters are often for. It depends on the rider and the way the rider rides. Noone rides the same and not every person has the same tastes in pipes. So what was mentioned really means nothing to this post. This post is simply "what pipe do you run and what do you think of it" This isnt comparing pipes. I understand your a TECH here and a builder,and a promoter of the Shearer pipe. Ur probably going to come back at me with some type of explination of why it has to do with this post,or post up dyno charts or w.e. but it means nothing to me. Why? b.c. 1.i no longer own a blaster. 2. I dont need DYNO numbers to impress me. And im not trying to bash on you even if it seems so. im just pointing out my opinions.

But to YB,sorry i chimmed in off topic,but good thread man. Maybe you should ask a mod to remove the off topic posts if ya like.(includding mine.)

Reactions: super noober
Nothing is going to be deleted in this thread first of all.

Second, the point that Angus is trying to make is there is NO WAY for any one person can say that they one pipe is so much better than another without testing all of the pipe. For example: super noober has had a Shearer and a Power Pros pipe. He can say for his riding style and engine set up he likes the Power Pros better for what his set up is. He can say that between THOSE TWO PIPES. NO OTHER PIPES. I have had an FMF Fatty and a Shearer. I can say the Shearer pipe pulls harder throughout the power band than the FMF because I have had both pipes with the SAME set up. But if a Dyno Port is the only pipe you have had on your bike then you can not go out and say that Dyno Port is the best pipe. Have you tested out any other pipes? So you can not say my Dyno Port is a 5/5 Bottom, 5/5 Mid, 5/5 Top. Why you ask? Because you have not compared it to any other pipe. What are you judging the numbers on? Your 5 might be my 3. It all depends.

The other thing that happens is that people go from having an FMF fatty on a stock bike to a Vitos Fat Bastard with a 240 Stroker motor and you say "yea this pipe pulls so much harder than my old FMF" Well yea duh! You bike would be pulling so much harder with the 240 and the FMF. If you are going to judge a pipe the you have to test each pipe on the EXACT SAME PLATFORM. That is what Angus does. He took the exact same bike and threw all different pipes on it and tested the different pipes and then put the numbers out there to show. Per his testing he saw the Shearer pipe tested best for a standard bore pipe and that the Viots Fat Bastard tested best on a Big Bore.

This brings up the point of "is a dyno a trail, grass, rocks, dirt, mud?" No it is not however there is no one person that can ride the exact same way and monitor the performance of the pipe. Humans make mistakes and no one person can hammer the throttle out of the corner the same every time to judge the response. I agree that a dyno is not a true test of a pipe but it is the BEST way to control and enviorment and judge a pipe. The operator can control everything to get the same readings. They can shift at the same time, give the same amount of gas, get up to the same speed, hold the throttle steady at the same RPM.

The reason that Angus asked if a Mod wanted to do was because the bike that Angus is willing to let a member of the forum test out just happens to be very close to where this Mod lives. It has nothing to do with him being a mod. If I recall right Angus has invited forum members out to his shop to test various things on his Dyno before.

I hope this explains things better for you guys. I think you all are quick to jump on Kennedy for pushing the Shearer pipe but, the reason he does that is because the numbers back up the pipe. I have talked to Angus a lot about pipes and guess what, he does not push the Shearer pipe for everything. He has told me many times before that for high volume the early 90's Dyno Port and Vitos Fat Bastard perform better than the Shearer for a high volume pipe.

The last thing that you also have to remember is that Kennedy is a Sales Person along with an engine builder. If he has a line on pipes then he is going to try and push that pipe. He just happens to have power numbers to back up the Shearer pipe as well. I have talked to other builders on this site and they have their own line of pipes and
guess what...They push their pipe as well.

Bottom line is that no one person can say one pipe performs 5/5 without testing then right next to other pipes like Angus has. If you click on the link under his sig you can see the numbers of the pipe comparison test.

The

Pipe Brand And Name: toomey B1

Estimated Price: idk 320-350 new

Your Engine Setup: toomey B1 kit filter and vents

Your Location:MA

Your jetting: NA. was done by a shop.

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Bottom 3/5... Mid 4/5... Top 4.3/5...

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: EXCELLENT!

Pipe Brand And Name:paul Turner Pipe (sorry, dont know the name) FatBoy silencer

Estimated Price:300$

Your Engine Setup:twin air filter, vforce reeds, stock carb, heavily ported, +1 spark Advance

Your Location: Athens Greece, 1000 feet altitude,

Your jetting: 470 main, 45 pilot, needle from an FMF kit for the blaster, running 25:1 motul 800 oil with 100 octane pump gas (we get that in europe)

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Really smooth shape, smooth power, Good fit on the blaster, 4.5 out of 5

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: 5 out of 5 (4 years in, still no rust!)

Pipe Brand And Name: Power pros (right bend)

Estimated Price: I paid 280 new

Your Engine Setup:

Your Location: sea level FL

Your jetting: 300 main

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: 4/5 low, 5/5 mid, 5/5 top

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: The quality is amazing! I recommend this pipe to everyone. Fits GREAT it sounds deep also. Worth the money by far

Pipe Brand And Name: Shearer Custom Pipes

Estimated Price: $300.00

Your Engine Setup: Kennedy Built: Aggressive Trail/MX Port, Re-designed head, 3mm Stroker, CFM Air Box, Boyeseen Power Reeds, 34mm PJ

Your Location: California @2500 Feet

Your jetting: 148 main

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Pulls hard top to bottom

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: Very good quality pipe. Mat Shearer knows how to build a pipe and Kennedy knows how to build engines to work with those pipes.

But if a Dyno Port is the only pipe you have had on your bike then you can not go out and say that Dyno Port is the best pipe. Have you tested out any other pipes? So you can not say my Dyno Port is a 5/5 Bottom, 5/5 Mid, 5/5 Top. Why you ask? Because you have not compared it to any other pipe.

Well then i will rephrase,

I feel my dyno-port performs better than the F7 and DG i have had on my blaster with the same set-up.