pipe review

Pipe Brand And Name: FMF Fatty and Turbine core2

Estimated Price: 180

Your Engine Setup: Boyesen reeds, no lid, timing advance 4 degrees, k&n

Your Location: MD

Your jetting: largest jet in a dynojet kit (10 bucks for the kit :) )

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Gave a very noticeable improvement in the mid range. Power did not last long but definitely made the bike WAY more fun to ride!

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: very good quality

Now for the Factory Seven pipe
Pipe Brand And Name: F7

Estimated Price: 175

Your Engine Setup: same as above

Your Location: MD

Your jetting: Same

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Pulls stronger from down low to a much stronger top end. Sound is slightly deeper.

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: Good qaulity... little harder to get to line up than the FMF but nothing difficult

Both pipes were used. And both were much more power than stock. The F7 just pulls longer and harder... makes me want a better pipe for my 250R now :)

Pipe Brand And Name: Shearer pipe

Estimated Price: 330

Your Engine Setup:

Your Location: at seal level, Florida

Your jetting: 300 main

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: The overall performance was sluggish, good top end but thats about it... low 2/5 mid 3/5 top 4/5

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: the quality is the biggest issue w/ the shearer, who wants a pipe that was poorly built?? The chrome rusts out in a week, and after the 5th time trail ridding my silencer broke off the mount, yes the aluminum is so cheap it broke... Also the baffel inside the silencer is cut too short which gets knocked loose and rattles around when your at idle. The stinger bend is off and it hits your rear shock when compressed. Here is how my experince with this pipe ended in less than 3 months of buying it NEW. :eek: :eek: :eek:

a59vlf.jpg

FYI I've talked to many people on this forum with the EXACT SAME issues so i dont think this was a "just mine" type of deal X(

Pipe Brand And Name: Shearer pipe

Estimated Price: 330

Your Engine Setup:

Your Location: at seal level, Florida

Your jetting: 300 main

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: The overall performance was sluggish, good top end but thats about it... low 2/5 mid 3/5 top 4/5

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: the quality is the biggest issue w/ the shearer, who wants a pipe that was poorly built?? The chrome rusts out in a week, and after the 5th time trail ridding my silencer broke off the mount, yes the aluminum is so cheap it broke... Also the baffel inside the silencer is cut too short which gets knocked loose and rattles around when your at idle. The stinger bend is off and it hits your rear shock when compressed. Here is how my experince with this pipe ended in less than 3 months of buying it NEW. :eek: :eek: :eek:

a59vlf.jpg

FYI I've talked to many people on this forum with the EXACT SAME issues so i dont think this was a "just mine" type of deal X(

Glad you were unhappy cause now iam happy :)

Bolted it up on my qaud yesterday and it sounds great,i couldnt hear the baffle at all,although i did notice it shaking before i installed it. it cleared my rear shock pretty far,3/4 inch

i havnt rode it yet but im sure its going to be awesome!

+1 shearer!

well i always thought a review was an opinion on how a particular person felt about a product. and i thought a comparison was to put two or more products head to head to see pros and cons about the said products. with that said whats the big deal about what a couple people think about a particular pipe. you never pick anything based on what people say. you need hard facts, stats, and results and if thoes three dont suit what your trying to achive just find what does and be happy.

Pipe Brand And Name: LRD rfx

Estimated Price: 360??? new bought used for 190

Your Engine Setup: stock bore/stroke, boyseen reeds, k&n filter no lid, stock carb.

Your Location:wisconsin

Your jetting: n/a.. was jetted for a fmf fatty in winter, havent check/ tuned yet.. but was rich with the fmf

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: holy SHHHHHT!!! way more top end power than the fmf.. fmf had nicer low end and would throw the wheels in the air sooner, but once the lrd hit its wheels up!!, only got to do a few 1-2 pulls in the parking lot but reved out higher and faster than the fmf

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: being used.. what can i say?? its used.. but even fur used was stil in good condition, ffor pipe being of un known age.. finish is still in good shape.. no rust.. just a few minor dings and scratches

my blaster isnt ready yet but i have a good review of a pipe thats on my buddys blaster that ive raced alot and is going to be the pipe im going to use on my blaster and i have one on my 250r
Pipe Brand And Name:RDZ out of frame small bore drag pipe for blaster

Estimated Price:245 non silenced

Your Engine Setup:stock bore, 3mill stroke, srpd triple exhaust port, port timing 198 exhaust, 132 intake, 41mm kiehin pwk carb, v force reeds

Your Location: massena ny

Your jetting: verys with track conditions and location

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: fair bottom little better in the mid and absolutly violent top end, the motor was built around the pipe his blaster pulls consistand 5.1s in 300ft sand

Overall Quality Of The Pipe:very good

Pipe Brand And Name: FMF Fatty Header and Turbine Core 2

Estimated Price:$250 Pipe, 150$ Silencer

Your Engine Setup: FMF Jet Kit, Venom Piston 40 Over Hot Rodz +2mm Crank with connectin/shift Rod

Your Location:pA

Your jetting:310 Main

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Gave it good Throttle Response

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: I Would Reccommend it

Pipe Brand And Name: power pros

Estimated Price:320.00

Your Engine Setup: 240 big bore, stock stroke, 35mm pwk, v3's

Your Location: northwest ohio

Your jetting: pilot 45, needle dek in 2nd position, main 165

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: excellent mid to top end pipe fits my bb really nice..

Overall Quality Of The Pipe excellent quality of pipe and silencer very pleased with it.

Pipe Brand And Name: bills pipe and silencer

Estimated Price: idk got it on my blaster

Your Engine Setup: uni air filter airbox lid off

Your Location: winchendon mass

Your jetting: 280

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: i love it it gets great mid-high i can feel it pulling through all the gears

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: looks great nice and shiny and it sounds good too

Pipe Brand And Name: Toomey B1

Estimated Price: 360$

Your Engine Setup: K&n airfilter, airbox lid removed, boysen reeds, toomey b1 exhaust

Your Location: Corning, NY

Your jetting: 310 main

Overall Performance: Of The Pipe: This pipe is awesome!!! it has amzing power and alows me to hit my powerband where i need to

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: AMAZING!! it looks great, although i want a right bend, and performs phenomanally

Pipe Brand And Name: power pros

Estimated Price:320.00

Your Engine Setup: 240 big bore, stock stroke, 35mm pwk, v3's

Your Location: northwest ohio

Your jetting: pilot 45, needle dek in 2nd position, main 165

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: excellent mid to top end pipe fits my bb really nice..

Overall Quality Of The Pipe excellent quality of pipe and silencer very pleased with it.
May I ask, how does it compare to your old lrd? which one do you perfer?

Pipe Brand And Name: LRD exhaust into a Trenga racing silencer.

Estimated Price: $385 for complete LRD (don't no with the Trenga)

Your Engine Setup: Bored .02, K&N filter, LRD exhaust into Trenga silencer, and coming in the mail: a 14 Tooth front sprocket B)

Your Location:MN

Your jetting: Don't no

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Great!!! 3/5 on low, 4/5 on mid and 5/5 on top

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: I love the chrome LRD (and how much bigger it is compared to other pipes ive seen) and the blue Trenga silencer, sounds great (loud to others lol) I:I

Pipe Brand And Name:full phantom (older style of f7 but they changed the name)
Estimated Price:250-300

Your Engine Setup:k&n filter and shaved header 8000's

Your Location:wv

Your jetting:not sure the guy i bought it off of already jetted it and had the pipe on it.

Overall Performance Of The Pipe:a lot more peepy. when the bands kicks in your going for a fast ride. first and secod gear do wheeles by just giving half throttle

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: loud as sh*t. good quality. badass powerband.

Pipe Brand And Name: toomey B1

Estimated Price: $350 new for the kit (pipe, silencer, filter,and jetting)

Your Engine Setup: mainly stock,super stock reeds,air vents in air box

Your Location: south jersey , and baltimore md area

Your jetting: toomeys kit jet size its a gusher
Overall Performance Of The Pipe: the toomey pipe is great for mid to top end power

Overall Quality Of The Pipe:great only thing that can stack up next to it is pro circuit

on my sons bike....................
complete fresh rebuild, mild porting, stock carb - 300 main, vf3's, uni filter in stock box, no air lid

complete older phantom pipe and silencer,
loud as hell, sounds like a 250 dirtbike
pulls like a freight train from bottom to top, stands her up "at will" even with +4 swinger, saw my son straight up a few times his first ride out, came with the bike, pipe was rusty as hell - painted flame proof black, holding up well,
silencer is well built with some thick ass aluminum

awsome pipe for the bike it's on

Pipe Brand And Name: FULL Toomey B1 w/stinger,silencer

Estimated Price: $375 kit

Your Engine Setup: Stock Bore, reeds/spacer, uni w/a-box lid off, 14t front, vm26 carb bored 30mm w/divider plate, cdi/coil upgrade

Your Location: Eastern PA

Your jetting: #330 main, stock pilot

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Excellent. Pulls hard from low to high, strong usable powerband power everywhere I need it

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: Excellent. The Toomey is known for it's high quality shine and durability, and the stinger/silencer is gorgeous as well. Very strong and great fit to head, etc.