pipe review

At least you are honest. I was not sure on what pipe to get so I bought a DG setup. All my friends run FMF with a power core silencer. Now the silincer has nothing to do with power correct or wrong ? Could i buy a FMF fatty and use my DG silincer or no is that a bad combo ?

I weas looking at the sheerer setup's but they look so cheap. I want something good for trail riding as that is what i mostly do, and get stuck all the time(dang the low stance of a blasty)

i heard shearer was an excellent low end pipe. it would probably be good in the trails. the fmf is a good pipe but there are much better ones. if i was going to put another pipe on my blaster it would probly be a toomey. they have good power and sound great. but DG does suck and i wouldnt try to put the silencer on an fmf. just sell the whole pipe/silencer package and try to find a good deal on a used one. cant really go wrong with any a/m pipe except DG.

Pipe Brand And Name: DG

Estimated Price: No clue - came with bike

Your Engine Setup: Stock w/Wiseco piston

Your Location: MD

Your jetting: 290 main / stock pilot / pin middle clip

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Does what it is supposed to. I have no basis for comparison as I have not ridden a stock Blaster, or a Blaster with a different exhaust setup and comparable supporting mods; however, the bike is no slouch. I pull apart my brothers modded 400EX everywhere but overall speed (topend).

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: It's a few years old and still in one piece. I suppose that's all I could really expect. I don't care if it shines or has a cool logo. I want it to expel exhaust gas and not leak. :) Oh - and I'd rather it not sound like a pack of roided up zombie hornets.

I've read a lot on this forum - and a lot of that was the common dislike of the DG exhaust/silencer. I've read the 'whys' but I'm curious regarding the evidence supporting this claim. As for the header pipe - just because it doesn't "appear" to have the same dimensions, or "appear" to flow as well as others does not mean that is the case. Other than hearsay and the butt-dyno, is there any real credible evidence of this setup's lack of performance? Are there dyno comparisons available? Has anyone had a DG and changed to FMF and had to re-jet simply because the latter is so much better? How about supporting mods? Is it possible a DG is comparable to FMF or others when say, the airbox lid is removed - where the FMF would out-perform the same setup with the lid on? What about the silencer? It's a pipe with holes in it surrounded by soundproofing fiberglass. Any side-by side pics of one against a more preferred brand? I almost can't see how one would be much better than the other unless pipe bends and/or dimensions are different.

Note - I'm looking for info. I obviously have the DG and am really curious if changing to a more popular brand will net me a worthwhile gain, or just suck 300 bucks from my pocket for a shiny pipe.

Not trying to stir the pot, just looking for info. Thanks!

hey im zach dillon i have a 2002 blaster i think its a 2002 haha idk someone sanded the code off haha but it runs great man i just got it and im lookin for a cheap used pipe and header help would be helpfull alot!! but i got some problems with it if u could help hit me up about this man!

Pipe Brand And Name:fmf fatty

Estimated Price:300 ish

Your Engine Setup:stock with oversized carb

Your Location:so cal

Your jetting:

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: great low end and mid range

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: still clean after few years no problems very happy with purchase

Your a bunch of BS!!!! No way your stock Blaster is beating a 400ex

Pipe Brand And Name: DG

Estimated Price: No clue - came with bike

Your Engine Setup: Stock w/Wiseco piston

Your Location: MD

Your jetting: 290 main / stock pilot / pin middle clip

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Does what it is supposed to. I have no basis for comparison as I have not ridden a stock Blaster, or a Blaster with a different exhaust setup and comparable supporting mods; however, the bike is no slouch. I pull apart my brothers modded 400EX everywhere but overall speed (topend).

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: It's a few years old and still in one piece. I suppose that's all I could really expect. I don't care if it shines or has a cool logo. I want it to expel exhaust gas and not leak. :) Oh - and I'd rather it not sound like a pack of roided up zombie hornets.

I've read a lot on this forum - and a lot of that was the common dislike of the DG exhaust/silencer. I've read the 'whys' but I'm curious regarding the evidence supporting this claim. As for the header pipe - just because it doesn't "appear" to have the same dimensions, or "appear" to flow as well as others does not mean that is the case. Other than hearsay and the butt-dyno, is there any real credible evidence of this setup's lack of performance? Are there dyno comparisons available? Has anyone had a DG and changed to FMF and had to re-jet simply because the latter is so much better? How about supporting mods? Is it possible a DG is comparable to FMF or others when say, the airbox lid is removed - where the FMF would out-perform the same setup with the lid on? What about the silencer? It's a pipe with holes in it surrounded by soundproofing fiberglass. Any side-by side pics of one against a more preferred brand? I almost can't see how one would be much better than the other unless pipe bends and/or dimensions are different.

Note - I'm looking for info. I obviously have the DG and am really curious if changing to a more popular brand will net me a worthwhile gain, or just suck 300 bucks from my pocket for a shiny pipe.

Not trying to stir the pot, just looking for info. Thanks!

Pipe Brand And Name:DMC Alien

Estimated Price: £200 used

Your Engine Setup: all stock

Your Location: uk

Your jetting:stock

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: 5/5

Overall Quality Of The Pipe:4/5

Brilliant pipe + has an amazing sound!!

Pipe Brand And Name: power pros design head pipe/ FMF silencer

Estimated Price: 145 for everything (used)

Your Engine Setup: stock motor, power reeds, +2 timing advance, no air lid, stock carb

Your Location: 3000ft above sea level, 50F,humidity 50%

Your jetting: 330 main/32.5 pilot 3/4 turns out/ 4th clip from top

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: performance was felt everywhere. a little in the bottom, more in the middle and it hits in the top for sure.

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: good so far, havnt had it that long. one issue i had was fitting it to the bike. seemed like it didnt want to fit in with the frame.
219d566d-1.jpg
aceb3b93-1.jpg

Last edited:
toomey b1 pipe kit price 400.00 this pipe installed realy easy on my 03 blaster because i didnt haft to change the needle clip posistion just the main jet . its more of a mid to topend pipe though. jetting 310 main stock stock carb run no air box cover location kentucky.

Pipe Brand And Name: DMC Alien

Estimated Price: 275 without spark arrestor 340 with it. I got mine from DMC directly for 265 on sale with spark arrestor although I do not run it.

Your Engine Setup: before rebuild I'm doing now it was essentially stock other than uni air filter, open box, wiseco piston.

Your Location: North Idaho Panhandle

Your jetting: 260 at 3500 ft elevation, 270 at lower elevation level from my home, 4th slot on needle, stock pilot.

Overall Performance Of Pipe:great mid-high/powerband, low end is slightly sluggish although this could be because it is extremely finicky to jetting. This could also be due to my elevation.

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: Definite difference in pull throughout ranges when compared to my buddies fmf gold series on stock motor. Sound is superb compared to stock or FMF gold. F-in ear ringing, not for those who want a quiet pipe. Also feels thin, though colors nicely, needs polished or chromed. Silencer is better made and is excellent quality no complaints.

Have only compared to stock and FMF so am not going to comment although there is noticeable gains and I would buy this pipe again before buying an FMF, my only gripe is finicky jetting, if I could get a 265 main I'd be set, I have to up main one jet size to 270 when I leave my home riding area or I run lean. if I don't lower it back when at home, I'm running too rich so ????, I believe all testing and recommended jet settings are for sea level only and you will be changing jets often if you ride multiple areas.

whats a decent pipe to buy for a blaster

Here's everybody's opinions right here; its up to you to pick and choose! I'd get a Toomey for a stock Blaster or perhaps a DMC. If you're gonna be doing lots of engine mods later on, get a right-bend pipe such as F7, LRD, or Dynoport.

Pipe Brand And Name:fat boy 2

Estimated Price: $169 new 100-150 used depending on the condition

Your Engine Setup:K&N air filter. Airbox lid off. Stock carb.

Your Location: Southern Michigan

Your jetting:300 main

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: great, had it 2 years. its time to repack it though

Overall Quality Of The Pipe:nice, sticker tore off within the first year though =[

Pipe Brand And Name: FMF Fatty Gold Series and Shortied Powercore 2

Estimated Price:170 shipped used

Your Engine Setup: uni filter and no air box lid, everything else stock

Your Location: 1140 ft above sea level

Your jetting: 290 main. stock needle position and pilot. (this was in cold weather i may or may not be too fat when summer rolls around

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: excellent pipe. dont understand why anyone rags the fmf would buy it again without thought. love the low end ability to bog it a little but still screams pretty good on the top. perfect for my riding style

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: bought used and still has factory chrome with only slight discoloration by the cylinder

Pipe Brand And Name: Toomey B1 Full Kit

Estimated Price: $400

Your Engine Setup: Stock carb, toomey expansion and silencer. Airbox vents and uni high flow.

Your Location: Western PA.

Your jetting: 310 main

Overall Performance Of The Pipe: Huge difference between this and stock. Added lots of power, bottom through top.

Overall Quality Of The Pipe: Shines like a mirror. Sounds great. Nothing to complain about.

first of all if you dont have a pipe review dont post![/SIZE

Pipe Brand And Name:toomey b1 kit

Estimated Price:300 pounds

Your Engine Setup:skimmed head,reeds,porting,lid removed,power now

Your Location:south wales ,uk

Your jetting:330

Overall Performance Of The Pipe:good all rounder

Overall Quality Of The Pipe:good, discolours quicky